Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Words are powerful. Are you ready to impact others?


COFFEEHOUSE FOR WRITERS RE-OPENS ITS DOORS!

Whether your goal is to start a blog, finish a novel, increase your social media savvy, or your bottom line, you'll find needed courses and resources at the Coffeehouse for Writers! Since 1999, Coffeehouseforwriters.com has provided quality, affordable, online classes for writers of all levels and genres. The upcoming session, which starts May 1st, includes classes on blogging, writing for Chicken Soup publishers and other publications, grammar boot camp, and how to quit your day job to freelance full-time.


 

Learn more at Coffeehouse for Writers at: http://coffeehouseforwriters.com/ (mentioned in Wall Street Journal)

 Personally, as a writer and instructor, I have heard and said it all:

·         I've always been interested in writing, but...

·         My life is harried, and I'm going in too many directions.

·         Nobody would be interested in my life experiences.

·         I don't have time for One. More. Thing!

·         I have students, spouse, parents and kids who need me.

·         I cannot write on demand, and class participation is not my thing.

·         I don't want to sit in class for two hours. I'd probably fall asleep.

Your personal story has the potential to earn you a writer's by line and/or extra bucks.

On line writing classes offer students the opportunity to work at their own pace and receive one on one attention. Students can sit at their computers in pajamas, sip their favorite beverages, and spend time tending to their own needs instead of everybody else's.

I look forward to assisting you or someone you know in crafting a personal essay that could possibly lead to publication and potentially change yours or someone else's life.   

I would so appreciate it if you could link to this post on your blog or website. Thank you for passing this information on to anyone you know who may be heading in the "WRITE" direction.

Thank you Cathy C. Hall for the following testimonial and shout out. 

 Linda, aka the Queen of Chicken Soup for the Soul Books, will be teaching the fine art of essay writing and I can’t think of anyone better suited for the task. If you’ve been trying and trying and trying to get your essays published, try taking this class. I promise you’ll improve with Linda leading the way to publication.

Thank you Sioux Roslawski for the following kudos and encouragement.
I've seen you--in a matter of minutes--deftly rearrange someone's essay, along with giving suggestions on how to rework the beginning and end. And it's all doled out as suggestions and padded with praise.

16 comments:

Dianna Graveman said...

Congratulations on your new adventure, Linda! Your workshop students will benefit from your many pearls of writing wisdom. :)

Cathy C. Hall said...

Oh, best of luck with this latest venture, Linda! I know your students will soar to the top of the class! :-)

Debra Mayhew said...

I agree wholeheartedly with Dianna and Cathy. You have so much to offer other writers! I wish you all the success in the world. (And thanks for posting the list of excuses...I needed to be reminded that if it's important I will make it happen!)

Karen Lange said...

Was excited to see that you're part of the crew, Linda! :) Wishing you all the best.

Val said...

You're the perfect professor for teaching Chicken Soup strategies. I feel guilty for the freebies you've given me!

Alice said...

Congratulations Linda. Once a teacher always a teacher! You're one talented lady and have much to offer. Good luck on your latest adventure.

Connie said...

Good luck with this new endeavor, Linda!

Linda O'Connell said...

Thank you one and all. I value your friendship. Val, I think of freebies as stepping stones in the grand scheme. We should all pay it forward.

Bookie said...

This is interesting! You are spreading your wings; good for you~!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

This appears perfect for you, Linda! Congratulations! And how lucky all of your future students are. You're a master.

Susan said...

Hi Linda!

How exciting for you. I will definitely try to link the information on my blog. Sound great!

Thank you so much for your visit. I love them. Susan

Kathy's Klothesline said...

You go girl!!!

Pat Wahler said...

Sounds exciting. Congrats and good luck!

Pat
Critter Alley

Donna Volkenannt said...

Yay! What exciting news for you, Linda. Your students will benefit from your knowledge and experience!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--I'm going to keep on sucking up your advice and suggestions for free at our WWWP sessions.

Cathy is right. You are the perfect person to lead this class. Iv'e seen you--in a matter of minutes--deftly rearrange someone's essay, along with giving suggestions on how to rework the beginning and end. And it's all doled out as suggestions and padded with praise.

Congratulations.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Congrats on your new gig, Linda! I know many writers will benefit from your sage advice. :)