Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tuckered out

Sorry, I don't have time to check in on blogs. I am working hard on editing Not Your  Mother's Book...On Family. This project has consumed almost every waking moment all week. I will be returning to blogs by Wednesday, I hope.

All work and no play makes me a little cranky. So, we decided to take advantage of a free admittance ticket to Boogie Nights, a 1970's dance venue, just to see what it was about. We used to dance a lot. I miss that.

The music was deafening, and the DJ had the bass so loud our legs vibrated as we sat. Speaking of sitting, there were twelve tables in the whole place and booths for VIPs. Booths that cost $100 to rent for the evening. I laughed out loud at the price.

The music was not the only entertainment. There was a guy in his early 20s wearing jeans and an open vest. He had abs of steel. I commented to the older lady next to us, "All brawn, no brains, probably." We had a good laugh.

Then when a young lady, also early 20s roller skated past us in too short, short-shorts, my honey made a funny as he caught a glance from behind.
"Whoa! That girl is nuclear. She has fallout."

We danced. We DANCED! We fast danced to four songs, I think, maybe it was five, because there was no break between songs and they all had the same beat. After that, we sat down, winded, caught our breath and left. Revived. Ready for bed.

Off to more editing. I will check in now and then, but doubt I will have much time to respond.
Please don't go away for good.

6 comments:

jabblog said...

Real life intrudes on blogging. Take your time, we'll still be here . . . :-)

Connie said...

Ha! Sound like you had fun out dancing. Good luck with the editing. :)

Sioux Roslawski said...

See, Linda? There is benefits to being mediocre. Only the stellar ones get chosen to be editors and such, and the "stars" end up getting exhausted and overworked.

I hope you get your work done quickly so you get back to your OWN writing.

Val said...

Good to hear that you took your nose dancing to give that grindstone a chance to cool off.

Susan said...

No, no, no, Linda. I'd never go away from you for good. If your blog disappeared, I'd try to track you down.

Good luck with the editing. Sounds like a daunting task. Susan

Cathy C. Hall said...

Haven't been checking on my blog buddies, either, Linda--my laptop battery won't hold a charge and I-uh--I read blogs while I'm watching the Braves.

(But I'm catching up now. ;-)