Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Did I ever tell you about...

Those of you who follow my blog know that I am meeting with Gloria Gaynor on Friday. I am usually not star struck. But this time my heart is all aflutter.

About 20 years ago we bought our first video camcorder to film our grandchildren. Before Hubby left for work, he told me to take it to the mall with me and practice with it. I was very excited to see the Platters, who were doing a free concert in the mall. I found a seat in the back, and turned on the video camcorder and proceeded to film them as they sang a hit song. I squinted one eye at them and kept the other on the view finder. I filmed them as they sang, greeted the audience and talked to a person filming a copyrighted event. I kept thinking, What an idiot! Then one of the guys said, "LADY! Turn it off!"

I wanted to sink to the floor. But, I wanted to hear their concert, so I put it in my purse, shrugged and mouthed an apology.

Then I hurried home to wait for my hubby to return home from his afternoon shift so I could give him a piece of my mind...like The Platters gave me a piece of theirs.

Uhm, I know better now, so I will not be bringing a video cam to the event on Friday. I do have a cell phone...hmmm.

I will be dressing in period attire for the private event which has an 70s/80s theme. I may be stopped this time for street walking.
 

15 comments:

Bookie said...

Wow, great outfit. I know you will have fun...with or without a film version of the night!

Rae said...

Congrats on getting the opportunity to meet with Gloria. Enjoy the concert and personal meeting.

Terri Tiffany said...

I think that is so cool!!

Julia Gordon-Bramer said...

I would totally wear that. In fact, if you don't want to wear it again, I will buy it off of you. :-)

Unknown said...

Fantastic outfit! We want photos!!!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--The outfit is darling, and you will look fabulous in it.

Alice said...

Great outfit Linda. I hit three thrift shops today but at 5 foot nothing, I look like a bag lady in any of the appropriate clothing or wider than I am tall. Why can't it be the 50's? I have poodle skirts, saddle shoes, even a roaring 20's outfit. Just no disco. I did find earrings that fit just perfect!

Susan Sundwall said...

Go, Mama! You will be terrif!

Val said...

Do the Hustle! Not the hustle.

Susan said...

Hi Linda...It will be a fabulous event! Keep us posted. I like your outfit. Susan

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Linda. Great outfit you've got planned for Friday! I love Gloria Gaynor and her song I Will Survive is still one of my all time favourites. Hope you have a lovely time.

Lynn said...

You look fabulous in that outfit and we are going to have a great time! Whoo-hooo!

Pat Wahler said...

Love it! Hope somebody shows up in nice wide Brady Bunch-style bell
bottoms!

Pat
Critter Alley

Beth M. Wood said...

Perfect outfit! And so excited for you... can't wait to hear about it!

jabblog said...

I think you'll look very fetching:-)