Saturday, August 10, 2013

Yank a little more!

My honey did a load of  laundry (yes, I am blessed) and dropped his two clean pair of cotton, elastic waist lounging shorts on the dresser. One pair is gray and the other black.

In the evening when I was busy writing, I heard a yowl that made me sit up and take notice. It wasn't one of his crazy TV show characters. It was him. I ran to see if he was OK, and there he was, the black shorts pulled up past his knees and stuck on his thighs like teenage Barbie trying to squeeze into ten-year-old Skipper's clothes. Okay, that's a bad image, but you know what I mean.

I doubled over laughing as he struggled to get into and then (not so quickly) out of my black shorts, which I had left on the dresser.

I know, it's not nice to laugh at old folks, but I can't help it.

Did you know that Chicken Soup for the Soul is seeking stories for the upcoming book, Home Sweet Home? Deadline in October or Nov, I think. Remember, the early bird, gets the worm! I just submitted. I hope you do, too.
 

13 comments:

Rae said...

Funny. Sounds like something that would happen at my house. My hubby is forever getting the laundry mixed up.

Bookie said...

This is funny. At first I thought they had shrunk. We often each others underwear slipping into the wrong drawer but catch in time!

Rain has not shown up yet this afternoon...am so thankful for
DRY that I am writing on the deck with pen and paper. A trip back!

Have a good weekend.

Joanne Noragon said...

Don't let him near your bathing suit.

Alice said...

Funny stuff. Thanks for sharing. My grandson wears his swim trunks home and leaves his clothes behind after a day of swimming. More than once I've attempted to put on his jeans that were hanging in my closet thinking, "Is there a Jenny Craig hotline?"

Jennifer Brown Banks said...

Good luck. Hope you have a winning Chicken Soup recipe. But I'm sure you will girl, given your past success! :-)

Merlesworld said...

I have enough trouble getting into my own clothes let alone anyone else's.
Merle...............

Val said...

Reminds me of the Saturday morning Hick put on his overalls backwards and couldn't figure out the straps.

Susan said...

ha ha ha ha haha So he was pulling on your pants, Linda? That would never happen around here. I'm fat and hubs is skinny as a rail. ha hahahah Susan

BECKY said...

Too funny! I could picture Ron doing this, too. How can they not know they've picked up the wrong clothing?? Men!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--You DO attract the oddballs. (Bill included. ;)

Connie said...

Haha! Sounds like a tight squeeze. :)

Tammy said...

I liked your Barbie and Skipper image! Let's hope that's the last time Bill tries to wear your clothes....

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

LOL! The mental image had me chuckling.

With 2 books due by November 1st, I'll have to pass on the Chicken Soup opportunity. :)