Saturday, July 16, 2011

bye-bye blog...maybe baby, we'll see

Found a wonderful store in Florida, Ross for Less, which we do not have in St. Louis. Poor hubby and several other hubbies sat up front and chatted for a couple hours while we women oohed and ahhed at the bargain racks.

Played in the ocean at Ft. Lauderdale Beach, collected interesting seashells.

Interesting people on the beach and in this town and hotel. Lots of writing material anyway. Made Bill drive me into rush hour traffic to a 7-11 store to buy a piece of chicken for a starving cat that wondered out by the hotel pool. I have a good hubby.

As we were driving down the highway, we saw an Amish father and three young sons wearing straw hats, stopped on an overpass in a horse drawn, flat bed wagon. The boys were thrilled and waved when a car honked at them, so of course, we made their day. Sort of reminded me of years ago, when we were on vacation and my kids indicated to the truckers to honk. The truckers would blast that air horn and scare me half to death while the kids fist pumped and laughed uproariously.

Life is good, the weather hot and sunny, skies are blue. I am going to relax and see if I can stay away from this blog thing for a few days. I know I will have withdrawls. Talk to you all in a few days.

13 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Linda, amazing, your last paragraph could relate to my life at the moment! Great! Off for a one week holiday on Monday! :)

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--I think you should go "cold turkey" while you're on vacation. The stories you want to remember, you will, and you can fill us in on them later.

Just a suggestion...

Pat Wahler said...

Sounds wonderful. Have fun!

Tammy said...

Nothing like relaxation AND writing fodder!

Unknown said...

Nothing makes me feel more at peace than being around the Amish. Our favorite place to visit is Lancaster, PA and we have been so many times that we know our way around like it was our hometown. They are very special people that I have the utmost respect for. Have a great time.

Susan said...

Your vacation wounds super. Oh Linda, for a moment I read your post and thought, "OH NO!!! Linda's going to quit her blog. WHY oh WHY oh WHY?" Thank goodness it's only during vacation.

Have a BLAST! Susan

Southhamsdarling said...

Enjoy your vacation, and try to be blog free for a few days, so that you can really make the most of it. We will all still be here when you return!

Chatty Crone said...

ENJOY!

Bookie said...

Your life at the moment sounds wonderful!!
Truckers honk--my kids did that too, so long ago. Would truckers still do that?

Debora said...

Well, it's been raining here for 2 days, so I'm a bit envious...but guess what I did yesterday?
Went to Ross for Less...yes I did. Bought some sandals and cool flip flops and two pretty shirts; for when the weather changes. Sometimes retail therapy works! Enjoy the sand and surf.

Donna Volkenannt said...

Great to hear you had such a wonderful trip. Your hubby sounds like a great guy!
Donna

Fresh Garden said...

Have a great time! Enjoy to the fullest!

Unknown said...

You must really be having a good time...it's been more than a few days.