Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Most Valuable Player


Jose` Alberto Pujols, Albert to his friends, Pujols to his fans, is St. Louis Cardinal's MVP. He owns a restaurant in West County where I took my grandson, fourteen year old, Austin, to lunch today. He was thrilled with the hometown hero's memorabilia in display cases. We had a great day at the mall, at lunch, and at the movies.

One day, I am telling you all, this boy is going to be a famous ball player. He is a slugger, named MVP on his team. I am proud of this kid.


Whether you are swatting at baseballs or words; running the bases, or slowly cranking out dialogue; hitting homers or striking out whole paragraphs, be the best that YOU can be and keep your goals in sight.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good advice my friend.

Pat Wahler said...

What a handsome young man! No wonder you're such a proud Grandma!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Sioux Roslawski said...

I agree with Pat. He's a nice-looking young man and looks like a friendly one as well.

Some days, though, I have to bunt...

Susan said...

Hi Linda...I think it's wonderful that you get grandma/grandson time in. Hope you had fun. Susan

Janet, said...

Very good advice! Looks like your grandson had a great time.

Tammy said...

Looks like a winner to me. He's lucky to have you on his team!

Debora said...

What a great day spent with your grandson...he'll never forget it. Good advice too!

Southhamsdarling said...

I love that Linda - "be the best you can be". That is such good advice my friend. Sounds like you had a super day with your grandson. Aren't those days just the best?! He sounds like a lovely boy.

Claudia Moser said...

A great advice indeed!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Yes! And never give up!

BECKY said...

Cute grandson! And what an awesome restaurant to take him to. I love Albert!!