Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Peabody Hotel Memorabilia

We toured the small Peabody Hotel Museum and enjoyed viewing the historic memorabilia.
 
 The skeleton key locked and unlocked the Honeymoon Suite. Prominent people honeymooned here.
 This was a grand means of communication in its day. Now everyone has a cell phone.
 Dinnerware used during the many banquets, receptions and events. Peabody still very popular venue.
 Creamer and sugar bowl and gravy boat. I could have lingered here.
 These bronze hounds look like they are giving me the evil eye. The owner was a duck hunter.
Can you imagine the movers/shakers and merry makers who partied at the Peabody Hotel?

Come back tomorrow and I'll post pictures of the grand foyer decorated for the holiday. I'll tell you about the fountain, and show you the famous duck walk and tell you how it came to be.

8 comments:

Connie said...

It's neat to see all the historic memorabilia. What a fascinating place! Those hounds are kind of creepy looking!

Shelly said...

What a grand place! Someday, someday, I want to go there!

Southhamsdarling said...

I love looking at places like that, Linda. So interesting, although I'm not sure about that pair of hounds! How telephones have changed over the years.

Susan Sundwall said...

I love bits of history like this! Can't wait 'til tomorrow! Thanks, Linda.

Bookie said...

Those dishes are lovely...wonder what they use now?

Val said...

Let's hope nobody was peeping through the skeleton keyhole.

Susan said...

Oh Linda, that looks like a splendorous hotel! It's always nice to see historic museums. Thanks for all the nice photos and for taking us along! Susan

River said...

I like everything here except those hounds. They're creepy.