Sunday, December 15, 2013

Something to think about


24 hours... you can use it any way you wish. You can spend it doing nothing, or something. Texting, singing, flirting, cursing, doing for yourself, or others. Being... happy, angry, sad.

Today, without any money, you will "buy" what it is that is important to you. Hatred/kindness, good thoughts/bad thoughts, family/friends, anything.

At the end of the day, know that you invested one entire day of your life. Ask yourself if you spent it wisely, if you will reap the benefits or suffer the consequences of what you invested in, because what you bought cost you one entire day of your life.


Here is a submission opportunity for all my writer friends.

National Short Story Writing Contest


 

Dayton is providing a major writing competition as a National Story Award Contest which is aimed at providing a writing contest that would produce constructive and inspiring short stories by writers of all levels, but particularly new writers joining the profession for the first time or young writers that want to try to get some experience and test their abilities and compete with well established creative writers and fiction novelists.

 

Prize: $1,500 for first prize winner. $500 for second and third place contestants.

 

Entry Fees: $0. There is no fee for participating in this award contest. A list will be published 60 days of shortlisted finalists and will be displayed on the Website.

 

Closing Submission Date: January 30th, 2014

10 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

A $0 entry fee makes this a must. Thanks Linda! And thanks for the reminder that the quality of our thoughts manages the quality of our lives.

Pat Wahler said...

If I can ever motivate myself to write anything again, I may give this one a go.

Pat
Critter Alley

Southhamsdarling said...

Lovely words for us today Linda. I guess that, living here in England, I wouldn't be eligible to enter this writing competition - ?

Bookie said...

Thanks, Linda. I am feeling stirrings of beginning January stuff. Maybe it is just the weather which is SO, SO January!

Tammy said...

What a great way to look at it. And thanks for sharing!

Connie said...

Good food for thought, Linda. Thank you for the heads up about the contest!

Val said...

Oh, dear. This just gave me a flashback to a submission horror story at the end of last week. Perhaps I'll be strong enough to tell the tale in a few days.

In the meantime, thanks for the link. Maybe I need to get back up on that horse.

Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing - I'll add this to my list of things to write for... and hope your knee/ankle is better.

Susan said...

Hi Linda....Hope your MONDAY is terrific! I'll invest in happiness, too! Susan

Beth M. Wood said...

Thanks for the heads up Linda! I need to get back to writing for myself. I'm so busy that I haven't made time lately!