Saturday, April 28, 2012

Do you need a nuzzle or a nudge?


What a sight to behold early this morning. On Easter when all of the children and grandchildren were here, I left this stuffed rabbit in the yard. The adult kids thought it was evil bunny, but after the little kids had hours of fun with it, the rabbit ended up by the birdbath, and that is where it has remained.

Hubby called me to the window but I missed the Kodak Moment when the real baby bunny went nose to nose with the stuffed animal. But I did get this shot of the little cutie heading under the shed. It must have been looking for its mama who was in the yard next door.

Sometimes we writers need someone to comfort us, just a nuzzle to let us know our work is worthy, or maybe a nudge in the "WRITE" direction. It is a good feeling to know that there is someone you can depend on. I'd like to think I am one of those supportive writers who will be there for you if you have a question or would like me to take a look at something you have written. So many people have been there for me when I felt alone and seeking information.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I am heading out to my honey-bunny granddaughter's bachelorette party which begins at a nail salon, and then we're going shopping, and after lunch we'll head down the highway for a tour of a local winery and a girl's overnight at a bed and breakfast.

11 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

That is some bachelorette party!

Claudia Moser said...

What an encounter!

Tammy said...

That's one of the things I love about you, Linda. You are genuine and genuinely supportive. Darling picture.

Val said...

You are very generous. And, apparently, a bunny magnet.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda---You go above and beyond in the generosity department. You ladle out praise and encouragement to others, you share information and calls for submissions and you offer your talent--as a reviser.

I am sure you will come back from this weekend with lots of stories to tell and lots of story ideas to write about.

Bookie said...

Hope the party and weekend went well...were you in a storm today?

Pearl said...

Sounds like a good party!

I agree with writers seeking acknowledgment/support. I'm always seeking it and admit to even "needing" it...

Pearl

Chatty Crone said...

Wow that was pretty cool there. sandie

Susan said...

Loved your bunny photo, Linda. Soooo cute. Bet the b and b was fun, too! Susan

jabblog said...

I would have loved to have seen the real bunny sniffing its toy counterpart - fabulous!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Most often I need a nudge. :)

Beloved knew how to give me that push. Since he passed away, my writer friends have filled that gap. I'm so grateful.