Monday, April 9, 2012

Entertaining angels

I said yes to Nicole when she wanted to go to the park on a drizzly day last week when we were on spring break.
She bent over and looked into a puddle and said, "Nana! Look! I'm an angel."


A few years ago, on an isolated beach in Florida, early one morning, as I scuffed along downhearted, I beseeched my late mom and God for an answer, as my faith was faltering because of a family tragedy. I came upon a woman writing in a prayer journal...the only other person on the beach. My mom's very words came out of her mouth. If she wasn't an angel, I believe the angels were instrumental in putting her in my path.

Chicken Soup sent me a "you've made the cut" contract today, but the final decision will be made in October for Chicken Soup Finding Your Faith.

My mom always quoted scripture and often said that we never know when we are entertaining angels unaware. Many of you are my angel friends too. You provide me with uplifting words, you make me laugh, you support me, and I thank each of you who read my blog.

Inside scoop for writers: Chicken Soup will be doing a book on ANGELS, so think about an encounter you have had with someone who just may have been an angel on earth.

13 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

What a darling photo of Nicole, looking at herself in the puddle.

Who in the heck needs TV when you have a cutie like that in your midst?

Val said...

Again, no such thing as a coincidence...

Lynn said...

Linda, cut yourself some slack as I'm sure most mothers feel the same way - hindsight. We'd all do things differently, I think. Anyway, congratulations and I'll be thinking of a story for that submission. You're an angel!

Tammy said...

Congratulations on the contract...and on your little angel in the puddle! Thanks for the heads up!

Debora said...

Angels are very real; more than just some sentimental imagination. Perhaps I will have to tell my 'angel' encounter to Chicken Soup. Where do I get more info?

Southhamsdarling said...

Super photos of little Nicole, especially being an angel! Bless! I firmly believe in angels, and wasn't it just meant to be that you came upon that person on the beach. We have to open our minds to seeing angels in strange places. Every stranger could well be an angel. Good post my friend, and well done on the Contract. I'm sure you will make the cut!

Claudia Moser said...

She is so cute in the pictures, lovely!

Pat Wahler said...

Congrats on the contract, Linda! You are amazing!

Pat
Critter Alley

Debra Mayhew said...

That puddle picture is priceless! I've given some thought to the Angel Anthology, but am waiting to see what happens!!

Joanne Noragon said...

Precious little grandaughter/angel.

jabblog said...

I think we all entertain angels unawares and don't realise for many a long year.

Susan said...

Hi Linda....Loved your granddaughter's angel story and photo. Thanks for sharing.

There are angels around us all the time. I'm sure of it.

Take care, Linda. Susan

Chatty Crone said...

Awe your granddaughter is an ANGEL!