Friday, April 27, 2012

Here comes the bride

In three weeks, my oldest granddaughter who is 22 and a half, will be walking down the aisle. I remember when she was four years old with a white lacey shawl draped over her head pretending she was a bride. Her real day is drawing close. I am reminded of how bright she was as a child and the funny things she said.

In first grade she had been writing and illustrating booklets. She had checked out Little Red Riding Hood from the school library. She showed it to me and she said, very seriously, "Nana, I think the little boy who wrote this had some violence in him. Don't you?"

In her mind, all books were written by children.

I have written a book of her quips and quotes and I will be sharing them with her bridal party tomorrow. Her maid of honor has organized an overnight stay and tour to a winery about an hour away. Three generations, Ashley, my daughter, and I along with all of her girlfriends will be making memories for our girl.

12 comments:

Bookie said...

How nice for all of you! Sounds like you have a memory making weekend ahead...enjoy.

Claudia Moser said...

What a beautiful event! I bet you are excited!

Joanne Noragon said...

Have a wonderful time with that little girl.

Susan said...

Oh Linda, that sounds like so much FUN! I can just see that little child "bride" turning into the beautiful "woman" bride. My best to her and to you. Have a wonderful weekend. Cheers at the winery! Susan

Janet, said...

How cute! I can't believe you have a granddaughter who is 22 years old. She sounds like she was quite a character when she was little.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

I see you've passed the writing gene down to her. :)

Have a wonderful weekend! I know she'll be thrilled with your book.

Blessings,
Susan

Val said...

They grow up so fast. Old enough to get married. And drink wine!

Debra Mayhew said...

Congratulations on welcoming a new member into your family! I hope you enjoy your making new memories this weekend!

Southhamsdarling said...

I can't believe that you have a 22 year old granddaughter either! You were obviously a child bride yourself!! Good luck to your granddaughter, and what a wonderful time you are going to have this weekend. Enjoy every minute.

Tammy said...

Oh, how I LOVE that idea about making a book of her quips and quotes to read at the party! How appropriate. Have a wonderful time.

Chatty Crone said...

Best wishes to her! sandie

jabblog said...

What a day to look forward to. The next three weeks will fly by.