Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Look what I found in the hostas! Happy Easter to all of you.
In about an hour the children, grandchildren and friends will arrive. I can't wait to hear them when they discover the cupcakes and my newly "hatched" deviled eggs.


I have an Easter album at school, album as in LP record. On our last class day before spring break I wore a deeper groove into it playing my favorite song over and over. Easter Parade...In your Easter bonnet... That melody, the resonance of Bing Crosby's voice soothes me, takes me back to childhood when I wore an Easter bonnet too. Fake green grass in my basket and real hard boiled eggs. That song reminds me of my mom. It reminds me of my children, my daughter in her Easter bonnet, and all of the Easter mornings when she and her little brother excitedly discovered their hidden baskets filled with candy, and their beloved stuffed animals.

I love the song so much that I drove my coworker crazy replaying it all morning, but then she does the same to me at Christmas with the Muppets singing Christmas songs. :)

When my grandchildren were very young, my daughter hid the eggs outside early in the morning. Then she and the kids left for church. Her now ex-husband awoke, saw the eggs in a bowl on the table and got busy doing bunny work. When the kids came home they were amazed that the bunny did double duty; the same eggs were back in the grass again.

Jesus died 2,000 years ago, but nowhere is history has He been referred to as the LATE Jesus, because he is risen and He is our living savior. A blessed Easter to you.

16 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Happy Easter!

Sioux Roslawski said...

I hope you get some chocolate today from Bill the Big Bunny.

Happy Easter, Linda.

Tammy said...

Cute post. Happy Easter to you, too!

Bookie said...

Love the song...evocative of simpler times...ladies in hats! Charles Osgood sang the song this morning on CBS Sunday Morning...nice! Sounds like you are up for great day...enjoy!

Lynn said...

Your deviled eggs are the cutest, you'll have to tell me how you made them look like chicks.

Southhamsdarling said...

Lovely post today, Linda. Hope you all have fun together today. We had an Easter egg hunt in the garden this morning with Eli and Ruby, and the sun shone! He Is Risen, He is Risen Indeed. Alleluia! Happy Easter to you and Bill.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

He is Risen, indeed!

Blessings,
Susan :)

Tammy said...

I want to know how you made those cute little chick faces, too!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Wonderful post for the Easter holiday. Happy Easter, Linda!

Anonymous said...

He is risen, indeed! Hallelujah!
Love the cupcakes. And I'd eat too many deviled eggs, too!

Julia Gordon-Bramer said...

Beautiful picture of you, Linda!

Cathy C. Hall said...

Yeah, those eggs look delish (and pretty cute, too).

And I sang my toes off this morning at Easter Mass--Easter brings out the joyful sound in me!

Susan said...

Nice photos, Linda, especially the one of you!

Isn't it great to think back on all the happy times? Love it.

Hope your Easter was memorable. Mine was super.

Take care. Susan

Sioux Roslawski said...

I think you could make a youtube video and it would go viral--if you would show how to make those cute deviled eggs. Darling little delicacies.

Pat Wahler said...

Hope your Easter was perfect.

Love the "newly hatched" eggs!

Pat
Critter Alley

Chatty Crone said...

Okay I am late - but I can see you had a blessed Easter. sandie