Sunday, March 21, 2010
Award...fact or fiction?
To the inimitable Lisa Ricard Claro I offer a heartfelt "thank you!" for bestowing upon me the above prestigious award.
As I understand it, this great honor is a license to be creative which, as all writers know, is akin to putting a Labrador Retriever in a room full of rawhide and commanding him to "Chew!"
Rules of acceptance require me to list seven wild and wacky little known facts about myself, at least one of which must be true (all may be true if I decide to let you in on my deep, dark secrets). You, buttercup, will have to decide for yourself which, if any, of the facts below are crazy truths or creative fiction:
1. I once had a flat tire on Hy 55 and got hung up by my shorts
climbing a chain link fence.
2. I came eye to eye with a free roaming buffalo and her calf
outside my house; I sweet-talked soothingly, "It's okay baby."
I was talking to my unborn baby as I backed indoors.
3. I saw Ray Charles in concert and when someone heckled him,
he unzipped his pants on stage and made an obscene remark.
4. At seventeen I asked Chuck Berry if he was REALLY Chuck Berry.
5. I saw Joan Rivers come through the airport with her two unleashed
Yorkies. She bore a striking resemblance.
6. I was eating at McDonald's with my kids when I felt a sneeze
coming on. I reached into my pocket for a tissue and came up with
a pair of granny panties that unfurled like a surrender flag.
7. I went to the beach today and sank my feet in the sand and
swam with dolphins.
Your turn Lynn, Beth and Julia. Cut and paste the image and instructions to your blog and pass it on.