Monday, November 26, 2012

How do you say cute?

How do you say cute? HOWIE!
This is our newest granddog. He is all of eight weeks old. He's outgrown his baby bed which he snatched from Dusty, the queen of the house, a tiny ShihTzu who has been royally displaced. She is not at all fond of this little fur ball the way the rest of the family is. Howie is a Golden Doodle, which means he will be a big boy. But right now he is such a clumsy baby. He has his days and nights mixed up, covets his toys (he's laying on them) and when he's not snoozing, he's chasing Dusty and wants to play with her while she is pottying in the yard. Must be like having an aggravating big brother. She grumbles and growls at him, but he comes back for more, time and time again. He's growing cuter and bigger by the day.   
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet. It must be dog day. I just finished looking at the other doggy Miggs prior to your blog.

I love dogs.

They are so cuddle when they are this type.

Only ya, your cutie pie is sure growing.

Chatty Crone said...

A W E ! sandie

Bookie said...

So cute...he has a teddy bear face. Granddogs are great because like grandkids they are love but not present all the time! Ours went home and house was lonely for a while....

Margaret said...

!!! Our Mac looked like this when he was three months old! He looks very much like a poodle (but wider) now. Enjoy this dog, they are truly the BEST!

jabblog said...

He's adorable and I'm sure Dusty will overcome her disgust and come to appreciate him . . . eventually;-)

Southhamsdarling said...

He is SO cute, Linda! my friend's daughter has one of these, and, yes, they do get pretty big, but they are gorgeous! Poor Dusty!!

Sioux Roslawski said...

They are gorgeous AND they're smart (because of the Poodle's genes).

Hopefully, Howie and Dusty will learn to exist happily as brother and sister soon...

Pat Wahler said...

Awwww! I want me some snuggle time with that cutie pie!

Pat
Critter Alley

Val said...

So cute! That little face reminds me of my childhood poodle, Buster. I try to make it a point never to say this, but...Sioux is right. Poodles are extremely smart. I hope this one is smart enough to keep his Golden genes from retrieving ornamental garden rabbits and squirrels from a neighbor's yard.

Lynn said...

That is one cute pooch!

Mevely317 said...

I'm not sure which is cuter ... that face, or his NAME!?!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I'm not much of a dog person, but I could become a Howie fan - he's cute.

Mary Horner said...

Adorable picture of an adorable dog!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

So adorable! And I've heard that the Doodle dogs don't shed. Is that true?

Susan said...

I've got to say, Linda, he's a cutie pie.

Thanks for your visits and comments! Hey! By the way, have you ever met Mary Englebreit in person? Just curious. Susan

Janet Smart said...

You're right, he's a cutie!