Sunday, June 2, 2013

Book signing for Not Your Mother's Book...On Travel

Sheree Nielsen, Greg Lamping, Sioux Roslawski and me with Terri Elders  (in center) co-creator of Not Your Mother's Book...On Travel.

We had a great time at Main Street Books in St. Charles, MO one block from the Missouri River which is spilling its banks. The tornado damage was evident along the highway as I drove to the event. Trees and light poles were snapped, highway signs twisted and ripped from the ground.

We signed books, shared personal stories and laughed a lot. Theresa is a world traveler and she regaled us with her life stories. After hearing of her travels, I'm considering moving to the artist's colony in Antiqua, Guatemala.

We lunched on the outdoor patio at Magpies restaurant, which has the best food, and we were served by a dear, writer friend's son. We had a lovely event and wonderful day. Thanks to Theresa who flew in from the state of Washington to launch this book, which is now available on Amazon. Be sure to leave a review. You will enjoy your virtual travel, I assure you. A big thank you to everyone who came out to support us.

 

10 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

Sorry I missed it. We were helping some folks with storm clean-up. Glad everything went well.

Pat
Critter Alley

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful! NYMB-On Travel, does inspire one to travel more, and for those who are homebound it carries you along on many exciting journeys.This book does not disappoint!

Terri Elders said...

Tickled that we were all able to meet up and launch the book! Linda, nobody but my mother ever called me Theresa...and that was only when she was mad at me. I may sign my checks with that name...but I'm always called Terri. :)

Val said...

Sorry I missed it. At least I have the book!

Lynn said...

Wish I could've stayed longer... as I'm sure it became livelier as time went on. Looking forward to reading all the stories!

Donna Volkenannt said...

Speaking of traveling, I was driving to the beach on Sunday and couldn't make it, but it sounds like you had a great time. Oh, and I love Magpie's potato soup.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--What a great summary of the event. It was a blast meeting Terri--you might be old enough to pose as her mother and call her Theresa, but I'm too young for that! ;)

(And I finally got power back tonight, a few minutes before 9. Yahoo!)

Susan said...

What a happy event, Linda. How wonderful! Oh, by all means GO to Guatemala..."Vayase. Es un pais linda." (It's a pretty country.) You'll LOVE it. Do it! You'll never regret it. Susan

Connie said...

Sounds like the signing went very well.

Unknown said...

So glad I was able to come to the signing and that you guys enjoyed Magpie's. Glad too that my son treated you well :) I always love going there!