Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The joke's on you Ms.Clairol

I am of the generation that would rather repair than replace broken objects. Most people want to toss  rather than salvage. I am always on the lookout for good home remedies, also.

Did I hit the jackpot the other day! I was watching a guy on TV talking about food products that you can use topically for beauty products. Well, I know about facials with mayonnaise. I thought I knew everything he was talking about, and I was ready to change the channel when he said, "Next, hair care."

I am so glad I did not change that channel. I have found the fountain of youth. Okay, so I'm no Ponce De Leon, and no one has carded me lately, but I am NOT spending a fortune on hair color every four weeks. If you are a brunette you can rid yourself of that skunk stripe by dabbing a wet tea bag on your crown and around your facial frame, and on those white roots. It works as a temporary rinse.

I haven't been caught in a rain storm yet, but I am extremely pleased with the outcome on my noggin. I can extend my coloring by two weeks or more at this rate. And no, it doesn't reek or have an odor. Try it, you might like it. If you do, let me know.

9 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Holy hot beverage, Batman! Are you serious? Does it matter which tea, like is Earl Grey better than Celestial Seasonings? I assume green tea is a no-no, unless it's Halloween. I'll give it a try (the black Earl Grey). Why the heck not? :)

Linda O'Connell said...

Lipton tea bag.

Karen Lange said...

I will have to give this a try. Thanks for the tip! :)

Val said...

Well, I might give it a try if you can assure me I won't have a hankerin' for cucumber sandwiches and lifting my little finger...

Bookie said...

Amazing!

Connie said...

Well who knew? Thanks for the tip. I will have to give this a try.

Sioux Roslawski said...

I am definitely going to try this, Linda. Thanks for the tip.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

What does it say about me that I no longer care about coloring my hair? Just don't care what color it is. Part is blonde, part is light brown and a very large part is gray.

Tammy said...

This has to be one of the best tips I've heard in ages!