Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Fitz is fixed!

The cat's owner, a young-sounding male, telephoned and said, "Hello, I finally got around to opening my mail and found your note on the bottom of the pile. Does the cat you found have a little nip out of its ear?"

I answered, "Yes, it does. Do you want him back?"

He said, "Well I'd sure like to see him. He's been missing since Thanksgiving."
I asked if it was an inside or outside cat. He said, "He likes to go out a lot."

I said, "Well I'm hesitant to bring him to you if you allow him outside. It's subzero weather and snowy this week, and I'm afraid it will freeze if it gets out. It was so afraid when we found it. We're a senior couple who have had your cat inside for two weeks. It's adjusted so well, and we love it so much." I started crying because right before he called, I received a phone call that my aunt had died. "Could we keep it?" I sobbed.

"You WANT him?!"

"Yes, we sure do. Could we keep it?"

"Well yeah, I guess so. I have a bag of food here for him if you want it." (I did not reply. I didn't want to make any personal contact.)

I asked the cat's name. He said, "Fitz." (No way!) and he said it had been "fixed," so we canceled the surgery for next week. The cat is three years old. We'll take HER for a well visit, and claim Sassy as a family member.

Someone is confused. I don't see any evidence of this kitty being a male. What I see is a female. But the guy sounded young, so maybe he's been calling the cat BOY like Bill has.

In any case, Sassy is ours.   

9 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Why don't you ask Sassy what gender she/he indentifies with? Perhaps Sassy was born a male but now feels more like a female?

I am glad you two have a new family to snuggle with. Cats are such good snugglers.

Susan said...

Thank goodness Sassy is now yours and Bill's, Linda. She deserves an inside home with people who really care about her and love her. Miracles do happen, even for kitties. Susan

Sandi said...

I am a little sad that he gave her up!

...But happy that you get her and she will be warm. :)

Val said...

This sounds like it was the best option for ALL of you! Congrats on your new kitty.

Pat Wahler said...

Sounds like this little one has a guardian angel - YOU!

www.patwahler.com

Connie said...

Glad to hear Sassy is now in good hands! Merry Christmas to you and to your new furbaby.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

pets find us!

Always On Watch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Always On Watch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.