Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Sometimes it's right to be wrong

The orthopedist said the X-ray indicates my ankle is healing faster than expected and looks good. He told me to leave the boot off if I get up in the middle of the night and see how I maneuvre without it.

I told him I can't wait. I also explained that they issued me a defective othropedic boot. It had only one soft pad velcroed on that hard piece of plastic. (See the plastic form there with the holes in it?)

He said it required only one pad for comfort on top the ankle. I complained that my leg was sore from the velcro scartching it and I had to put a soft fabric inside to ease my bruising and skin irritation.

He looked at me and asked, "Where have you been wearing that molded peice of plastic?"

"Next to my skin, to stabilize my leg and ankle."

I couldn't see his smile behind his mask, but I know he was smiling by the twinkle in his eye when he said, "Bet that's been uncomfortable. It's to be worn on the outside."

Well now you know why my great improvement. Instead of four more weeks, he says he'll see me in two. What do you know! I did something wrong that turned out right.

Bill says I should get a boot for my other foot so I can stomp all around town.

I'll tell you though, I'm getting spoiled by using the electric ride on shopping carts.


8 comments:

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Glad you're recovering quickly! Maybe the doctor will recommend your boot technique to future patients!

Pat Wahler said...

I'm glad this all worked out in your favor. Hope you can lose the boot in two weeks!

Val said...

Maybe you should moonlight as an orthopedic consultant, and give out wrong advice to help people heal faster!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Bill thinks you need another boot?

If you had one for the other foot, you could balance on one and shove the other one up his... well, you guess the orifice I'm thinking of. ;)

DUTA said...

The booth looks both nice and scary. Main thing it helped with the healing process.
Hopefully, you won't need orthopedic items again.

Connie said...

It's nice when something works out better than expected! I hope it continues to heal quicker than usual.

Linda O'Connell said...

I AM UNABLE TO SIGN ON TO MY BLOG. ANY SUUGESTIONS?

Linda O'Connell said...

I still cannot sign in.