Wednesday, July 8, 2026

Do my Do My Way

 I just wrote a true story about how my mood is affected by my mane. When I need a color or cut I get cranky. These days my color is fading faster than my desire for veggies. Give me Bryer's Chocolate Ice Cream with Truffles.

So today I stopped in Great Clips for a hair cut because I was irritated by my bangs falling in my eyes. I told the hairdresser the last time I was there, the other beautician thinned the back of my hair. 

She said, "That makes it look fuzzy." 

I said, "I don't care. I'd rather have frizzy than bushy." She replied, "NOT ME!" 

She was quickly getting on my last nerve when a couple walked in. He sat in the next chair. The hairdresser asked him what he wanted. He replied, "Cut it short. All over!"

His female companion shouted, "NO! Leave his sideburns. That's the only part I like about his hair."

I wonder if Taylor and Travis will ever get to that point? 

My mood has changed immensely, and I like my new do... even the little frizzy in back.

12 comments:

Kathy G said...

I also get my hair cut at Great Clips, and like you when I go is determined by when I can start seeing my bangs in my peripheral vision.

jabblog said...

I'm glad a haircut has lightened your mood. I like the feeling of lightness when my hair has been cut.

Dianna Graveman said...

Well, you finally did it, my friend! You wrote a piece I cannot relate to (much). I can go a year without sweets, but I cannot go one day without veggies. And my hair has grown way too long because I dread haircuts as much as the dentist. But I'm thrilled you like your new "do," of course! You always look just wonderful.

Val said...

I'm sure your new coif looks like that of a runway model compared to mine, which looks like that of a runAWAY model. Hick was my last hairdresser, since our Great Clips burned, thanks to a fire in the neighboring Little Caesar's Pizza.

Karen Lange said...

Ah yes, I totally understand! The state of my hair, whether color, length, frizz, or whatever can be rather frustrating. If nothing else, it's a tangible reminder to me to keep everything in perspective (even while my bangs are in my eyes! lol) Good to see you back, Linda! :)

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I hear ya. As I age, I have to have my hair out of my face, so it's usually in a pony tail when I'm working or cleaning. I'm glad you were happy with your new hair cut. You're right, our moods change if our hair is looking good. Whenever I think of my long curly hair that's unmanageable, I try to be grateful that I have hair at all. ; )

Linda O'Connell said...

Thank you for sharing. My hair is so thick it grows out instead of down, all except my bangs/top of hair. I am thankful for a full head of hair, though.

Linda O'Connell said...

So do I. I like touselled hair, so pretty much wash and wear, but when it drags me down, I have to go for a cut.

Linda O'Connell said...

Aw thank you for your coments and visits. My hir gets tootop heavy and I look like a an old(er) lady. LOL

Linda O'Connell said...

I am giving you fair warning...you could be a stand up comedienne. Have Hick open a shed for you and charge for a mullet view.

Linda O'Connell said...

Karne, thank you for your return and recent visit. After a three year absence because I could not access my blog, nor could three paid experts... I did an unbelieveable simple fix, and here I am. I am thankful for my hair, but feel like MOe of the the Three Stooges when it gets in my eyes.

Linda O'Connell said...

My firend has naturally curly, I envy her curls, and she envies my straight locks. Why do we always want the other? Thanks for stopping by.