Sunday, July 26, 2026

Odds and Ends, some more odd than others

 We went to visit baby Jackson yesterday. He is at a darling age, 20 months. His little brain is always going. It is amazing how he can figure things out. 

He said, "Paw Paw" much to Bill's delight. And he giggled when we chased him. He really is a joy and we feel blessed to be able to spend time with him. 

On our way home we stopped at Taco Bell. We were the only eat-in customers. The highschool-age young man and woman gave us our orders, then grabbed electric scooters they had stashed under a booth and LEFT. Customers came in, called for counter service, used the kiosk, but got no reply. Bill and I saw those two kids zooming across the street and riding on a busy parking lot for about ten minutes. Then they returned and said to the waiting customers, "Oh, nobody here? We can help you."

HELLO! 

I am decades past hot flashes, and fortunately, I went through the symptoms in less than six months. But today I was doing a crossword puzzle when I felt as if I was boiling from the inside out. Perspiration dripped from my brow, and then I had a full blown roaster.

My granddaughter texted me, "I just had the worst hot flash of my life. I had to take a shower." 

Enough of these intuned sympathy symptoms!

8 comments:

Kathy G said...

I have been having hot flashes off and on for more than six years. Just when I think they're over they raise their ugly head again for a couple of weeks, then leave again.

Linda O'Connell said...

Women endure so much! One of my school parents thought she was finished with menopause, and she and her husband went away to celebrate their last child going to school. She came back with a baby in her belly. Were they ever shocked,. I taught that child. Thanks for your visit.

Val said...

That hot flash was no coincidence! Be thankful that's all it was, and not something more serious. Baby Jackson is a cutie. I guess Bill will take that as a compliment, since there is a resemblance. Your Taco Bell incident does not surprise me. Today's youthful workforce considers the "work" part to be a mere suggestion.

Linda O'Connell said...

So true about the youth work force.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my gosh, were the two workers on a break? It would be nice if someone was there to wait on the customers and take over.
Many employees today just don't give their all like they used to. I hope your Taco Bell was at least Yummy. : )

Red Rose Alley said...

I forgot to mention Jackson. He's such a cute little boy.

Susan said...

Jackson is totally adorable, Linda. He certainly must fill your heart to the brim with love. Those two Taco Bell workers should probably be fired. That was extremely irresponsible to leave the cash register, etc. unattended. Inexcusable. I wonder what the manager would say. By the way, where WAS the manager? Hope you have a good rest of the week. Did you have bad weather? I know parts of Missouri did, just wondered if it was near you. Hugs. Susan

Linda O'Connell said...

Sadly, one of those kids was the manager. They have no work ethic! Thank you for your visit.