Monday, August 8, 2011

Announcing three new releases

I am proud to announce that my prose and poetry have been included in three newly released anthologies. These books would make great holiday gifts.

Regardless of your view on the war and world situation, I believe that veterans, current members of the military or their family members will be deeply touched by reading the first person accounts of what it means to be in the military, or in my case, what it means to be a military wife and develop a life-long friendship. I have been published in four of the five Silver Boomers anthologies. Please check out the website of Silver Boomer Books website to learn more about The Harsh and The Heart edited by, Greene, Haigler, Riley-Bishop, Rollins.



This Whispering Angel book is filled with essays and poems about the big and little critters who lay their paws on us and forever touch our hearts. My dog, Dusty, will always be my first four legged love.
Check out the website to learn more about Nurturing Paws, edited by Lynn C. Johnston.



This Whispering Angel anthology is a collection of remarkable stories about how God has touched lives. My story involves a series of ocurrences, (I do not believe in coincidences) that happened on the day of my mother's funeral. Find out more about Hurray God, edited by Jeanette Sharp, here.

18 comments:

Val said...

Wow! You rock! I am tired just thinking about how hard you work. Maybe I'll go back to bed for a while to recover. I only have a week of freedom left before school starts.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Congrats, Linda! It's so encouraging to see your hard work pay off!

BECKY said...

Congrats, Linda! I LOVE the cover of the "Paws" book! (I'm aggravated at myself that I didn't submit to these. I was in my "sort-of-majorly-depressed-because-I-wasn't-writing-much" mood then.But YAY for you!

Linda O'Connell said...

Thanks Val, Kim and Becky. I am on a roll, have written submitted fourteen in a week, keeping my mind occupied and off my worries.

Diane said...

All of them look great! So exciting for you and wishing you continued success!!! :O)

BB said...

This is great news. Congratulations. I started my book and haven't touched it in months. It's just a bad time in my life right now and I've no desire to continue it right now. Kick me in the butt will you please?!

Claudia Moser said...

Congratulations! Well done!

Donna Volkenannt said...

Way to go, Linda. Congratulations on your success! You are an inspiration.
Donna

Pat Wahler said...

Congrats, Linda! How very cool!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Rick Watson said...

Very Cool. I served in the military and my wife works with a drug/rehab facility and many of their clients are military people dealing with post traumatic stress.
We owe these folks a lot. Congrats on your work being included in the anthologies.

Susan Sundwall said...

Linda, So happy to be in Hurray God with you! Let's do it again sometime. =0)

Beth M. Wood said...

Awesome Linda! You are such an inspiration...damn, I need to spend more time at my laptop (not on facebook) - ha!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Congratulations! You've so much talent, Linda, and your stories are always so heartfelt. And three all at once! You've been a busy lady!

Cathy C. Hall said...

BIG congrats, Linda! You hit the mother lode! (And I love that STOP sign on the other post. I often sing that when I have to stop. Of course, my kids begged me to stop, too. Singing, that is. :-)

Lynn said...

You go girl. Congrats!

Purplesong said...

Congrats on your recent publications, and good for you for submitting fourteen in a week.
You are an inspiration!

Jennifer Brown Banks said...

Congrats, Linda!

U go girl! U grow girl!

Tammy said...

Wow. Congratulations on all of them!