Saturday, May 31, 2014

She's a little bit dangerous...do you know her?


Congratulations Mevely, you are the winner of the drawing for a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul Home Sweet Home. Send me your mailing address.

Here's another callout for $ubmission. Good luck.

Anthology call from Belladonna Publishing, for a volume on "Strange Little Girls." Description: "The strange little girl is not like the other little girls. She might look like the other girls and act like the other girls, but be very strange at heart--or she might be just plain weird altogether. Sometimes she is a scary little girl, other times a dreamer, always treading the fine line between reality and imagination--or even madness… We want to meet new strange little girls, and read strong and original stories about them. Why is she strange? How is she strange? Who is she when she grows up? Does she end up like the madwoman in the attic, hidden away from the world--or is she an office clerk? A lawyer? A baker of poisoned goods?" Pays: $120, via PayPal. Deadline: July 15, 2014. http://belladonnapublishing.com/submissions/strange-little-girls (via http://duotrope.com).

10 comments:

noexcuses said...

Thanks, Linda! I have just the "strange" little girl in mind! I so appreciate your shout outs for submissions! They are just the encouragement I need!

Mevely317 said...

Woo-hoo ... and color me, delighted, Linda!

I was feeling a bit diminished today (news of a blog-buddy's unexpected passing), but seeing this is wonderfully uplifting.

Thank you! I'm sending you my address via e-mail, OK? That's coming from mwm387@cox.net :)

Bookie said...

Thanks, Linda. I will think on this one. I have actually put some words on paper this week for the first time in months! Don't know if it will go anywhere but it is a start!

Have a good weekend. It is only 880 here but very humid and miserable in the afternoons outside!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--Thanks for letting us know about this call out. I think I might have a story idea.

Connie said...

Well, that's an unusual call for submissions. Thanks for sharing it. I'll have to give it some thought.

Val said...

Reminds of a long-ago student who got her future step-mother black roses for the wedding.

Lynn said...

I'm sure one could have fun with this one! Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Oh gosh, Linda, that really is kind of strange. Thanks for the thumbs up. Susan

Tammy said...

Thanks for sharing this, Linda!

BECKY said...

Congrats to Myra!! And Linda, I just saw this callout the other day, and I thought..."Hmm, I don't know if I can come up with something for this or not."....But it would be fun to try! I'll be posting some callouts and contest info in a couple of days. Please stop by.