Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Payola, a haul, a bonanza of gifts

I had a wonderful birthday. My family showered me with gifts, cards, and text messages, which thrilled me. My hubby wrote me a poem, took me out to eat and enjoy a little recreation, then Nicholas and Nicole came by with the cutest little garden boy and girl planters.



My son wrote a heartfelt message in his card which had an attached keepsake book mark. I was near tears reading what he wrote. He thanked me for shaping his character and teaching him about humility, love, compassion, encouragement, and how important it is to always be available to your children.

Then he added, "Thank you for the life lessons, especially the hard ones, like the time I was 13. I hung out the car window, and wolf whistled at three girls walking by. SCREECH! You slammed on your brakes, threw the car in reverse, stopped in the middle of the street, and made me apologize."

I asked what he learned. Always the joker, he said, "Not to whistle at girls when YOU were driving." I told him I didn't remember the incident. He said, "I do!"

He admitted he learned his lesson that day. He's a very respectful man. Now he and his wife are teaching their children life lessons.

My daughter knows how much I love the beach. Her gifts are always thoughtful and too expensive. I loved all of them.



Then there is my all time favorite gift, always the youngest child in the family, which means at some point in their lives, they each get to be my FAVORITE!


Liam realized birthdays and presents go hand in hand. He came in from outdoors with his hands cupped and said, "Here's YOUR present, Mommy."

Ashley graciously accepted when he dumped it into her palm. Then she screamed bloody murder and stomped his present, a huge black ant. Oh my, these are the things kids remember. One day he will remind her that she squished his gift.

I hope you have a happy and blessed day. I am focusing on the positive.

7 comments:

Terri Elders said...

Wonderful post. You've got to find time for the beach...make it birthday treat for next year maybe? xox

Pat Wahler said...

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday. Family is so precious!

Pat
www.patwahler.com

Val said...

The boy and girl planters are precious! Just like the real boy and girl who gave them to you!

Congrats on your haul, and the loving family that surrounds you.

BECKY said...

A well deserved day for you, Linda!

Connie said...

It sounds like you had a lovely day. I'm glad to hear your birthday was a special one.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--Bill's a poet? Perhaps he's trying to attract the attention of a certain St. Louis poet?

The picture of Liam, surrounded by bubbles, is so darling.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Happy Birthday, Linda! May you have many more. :)