Monday, July 23, 2018

Pineapple induction? Something is going to hit the fan.

I have had stomach issues for about a week or more. Finally straightened out, so I hopped on the scale and panicked at the readout: 13.2 pound weight loss. I screamed-cheered.

I Googled "Sudden 13 pound weight loss. "The results were catastrophic. I worried until I realized I had weighed Sassy Cat in my arms two weeks ago. Whew! What a relief that was.

Some days you have to laugh at yourself.



Still waiting for Charlie's arrival. His mama said she read eating pineapple induces labor, so she is eating an entire pineapple today.

I told her not to panic if she notices sudden weight loss, because eating an entire pineapple may induce more than labor. 

5 comments:

Val said...

That's a lot of pineapple! I hope it works out for her after only eating half! My labor started after jouncing around in a pickup truck in a field of Christmas trees for a couple of hours. It was not my plan.

Sorry you were feeling a bit indisposed, but congrats on the "loss" of a whole cat.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Castor oil worked with me when I had my daughter... However, I couldn't stand any kind of oil for the next year.

Mary Horner said...

I haven't heard of pineapple inducing labor, but I love pineapple, however, don't think I could eat a whole one by myself! I guess she is more motivated.

Connie said...

Hahaha! Your sudden weight loss story made me laugh. I don't think I could eat a whole pineapple. Best of luck to Charlie and his mama. I hope all goes well--and soon.

Pat Wahler said...

Pineapple to induce labor is a new one on me. Sounds like it could be worked into an interesting story.

www.patwahler.com