Sunday, June 23, 2019

Happy birthdays




For five years this little boy has brought so much joy to my life. He has such a good heart, and stands up for what he believes in, will confront a bully and tell him he doesn't like his behavior. He has a real sense of social justice. He is assertive and wants things to be fair. Some adults don't even have those qualities. I am proud of my first great-grandson. He told me Friday when I babysat, " Nana, I wish I could just STAY here always with you." He is always in my heart no matter where he is.

I made him a monster truck cake which he loved, and he recieved so many Monster Truck themed gifts. He was so excited! 

Liam used to be smaller, but he's growing taller. His legs are longer, his arms are stronger. He's growing, and growing, and it is showing!

I thank God for him and know he will make a positive difference in this world. He's my boy!


No, we did not dress Charlie in a dress. This is my daughter Tracey, Liam's nana when she was a baby. I remember all the birthday parties I had for her over the years, and now she is about to celebrate her almost big one. A year from now she will be the big 5-0. She is young at heart and full of love for Liam and his brothers.

I look at Liam and wonder where the years have gone. I look at Tracey and awe at how time flies. She has been a blessing. She's good hearted, tender hearted, an animal lover, always doing for others. She's my girl!

6 comments:

Val said...

Liam is so photogenic! As is his nana-as-a-baby. Liam looks absolutely thrilled over that cake, and proud to be FIVE!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Liam is so lucky to have you, and you are so lucky to have Liam.

What a cake! And what a journey of memories--your daughter and son, your grandkids and now your great grandkids.

There used to be a place in Hazelwood--right off 270 and Lindbergh--where Bigfoot (the truck) was parked. I haven't noticed it in a while. I'll get Liam would love seeing some of those real-life big trucks--if he hasn't seen them already.

DUTA said...

What a perfect five-year old boy!He'll make a great man with outstanding qualities. You've got every reason to be proud of him.
May Liam have many happy returns of his birthday and offer great satisfaction to his parents, Nana, and the rest of the family!

Pat Wahler said...

Happy birthday to Liam!

What a fun post. Yes, time certainly does zip by, and the older I get the faster it goes. By the way, what an adorable cake. You are a talented Nana.

jabblog said...

Obviously, they have inherited their integrity from their mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. It's good to see one's family members growing and developing.

Connie said...

Such great pictures, and what a fun cake! Liam is a lucky boy.