Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Naked?! Oh my!

We went out of town last week. Sassy boy sure did miss his dad. Actually Bill missed his cat.
We had family members come and pet, play with the cat, and tend to his needs. But he yowled and yowled for his dad. I am only his food source, but Bill is his best buddy and masseuse.

I wrote a story about how this cat has been a lifesaver for my big guy, who has suffered unimaginable pain and suffering, due to a senseless horrific incident which happened to his loved one. Our visit made us feel hopeful and happy. I can message you but not post details on line.

I'd tell you more about my cat story, too, but I submitted it already. It made us both cry.

It's amazing how an animal can touch you deep in your soul.

Chicken Soup for the Soul is seeking stories about cats and also dogs for two upcoming books. Do you have a story about a cat or dog you have or once had?


HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOURS

Our bird is in the oven, and tomorrow I will only have to make the side dishes. We have a jump on the chores, and a clean house. Tomorrow our small home will fill with our loved ones. I will be very thankful. I will overeat and smother the pumpkin pie with whipped cream. 

One year when I was teaching preschoolers about the Plains Native Americans, a little girl said, "Teacher, my daddy is a NAKED AMERICAN."
Smile and nod.

Many years ago when I was teaching in a public school, I heard gobbling at the window. Because my classroom was in the basement and underground, the windows were nearly at the ceiling in my classroom, but outdoors they were ground level. I just KNEW it was an older kid gobbling and being funny.

I climbed up the metal fire escape ladder in my room, pushed the window up and
saw... a real turkey on the fence! I rushed my students outside to see our gift.

Be on the lookout for unexpected gifts and surprises and things to be thankful for.

I am thankful for you, my readers.

8 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

Have a lovely Thanksgiving Day, Linda. I know you will be surrounded by lots of family love. I do hope that Bill’s daughter will make a good recovery. It must have been awful for you all.

Merlesworld said...

Have wonderful thanksgiving, not sure what it is all about but I do come from the other side of the world .
Merle..............

Sandi said...

I hope all is well. Hugs!

Val said...

It's good to hear you had a happy and hopeful visit. That cat looks so warm and squooshy, I want to squeeze him, but I think that is frowned upon. Oh my gosh, I was reading and thinking about your cat, and then panicked about your bird in the oven! Until I remembered it's Thanksgiving...

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--I read the title, and got hopeful for a glimpse of... Well, never mind. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, Linda.

Pat Wahler said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Linda!

Connie said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.