Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The language of love

Winter weather is speeding down the jet stream and heading our way soon. I do not like being cold or shivering. I snuggle under my fleece throw, which puts me into sleep mode way too early. When the sun goes down, so do I.  If I sit on the couch to watch TV I stay awake. If I recline, I'm a goner.

Sassy Boy thinks he runs the show around here. I found him on the bed, grooming himself, licking that fat tummy of his. I asked what he thought he was doing taking a bath on my bed, and he flopped over and laid on my pillow. Obviously we do not speak the same language.

Speaking of language. Michele is doing as well as can be expected. Her brain is healing and she talks and talks. Bill is such a positive and calm man.

He said, "The words are all there. It's like her brain is a library, and all the books have toppled, spilling words everywhere. It's going to take time to upright the shelf and put everything back in place."

I told him he should have been a writer.  I love the way he thinks!

The upside to snoozing early is I'm not munching. I've lost ten pounds and have five to go before December 10th, when my doctor and I will have a heart to heart.

I think the greatest love language is KINDNESS.

And how are you doing?

4 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

I'm glad Michele is making progress. Keeping her in my prayers!

Val said...

I also have "fleece narcolepsy." I'm fine in my heated and vibrating OPC (old people chair), but once the fleece goes on, I'm done. Your bathing kitty DOES look a little defiant in that photo. Although it might just be his mustache and goatee.

It's good to hear that Michele is making progress. I love Bill's library analogy.

Anonymous said...

Do NOT tell Bill I said this, but his explanation was so poetic. So eloquent.

However, I don't want him to get a huge head, so keep this comment a secret.

Connie said...

We have a reclining chair that puts me right to sleep. Wishing continued healing for Michele.