Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Forced marriage?


Ahh, that little boy of mine. Actually he is my granddaughter's little boy, but six-year-old Liam and I have a connection that wraps itself around each of us like his long legs that entwine my lower body when I arrive at his door, and he jumps into my arms.
Liam came home after his first in-class day of 1st grade and told his mama a little girl asked him at recess if she could be his playground girlfriend.
Ashley said, "Did you know I was sort of Daddy's playground girlfriend? We met when we were in school."

Liam looked at his mom aghast and asked, "You mean I'm going to have to marry her?!" And you think wearing face masks is the only concern for first graders? Ashley explained he'd have many playground girl and boy friends throughout school. He did not have to marry them.🥰



6 comments:

DUTA said...

Cute boy, cute story!

Pat Wahler said...

Too funny! Oh, the anxiety of navigating playground dynamics. :-)

Val said...

Heh, heh! Yes, I imagine Liam WILL have a lot of playground girlfriends! He's a charmer. I bet he was quite relieved to find out he didn't have to marry this first one.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Does that mean that these days, there are playground boyfriends/girlfriends and then there are classroom boyfriends/girlfriends? ;)

Liam--what a cutie pie. And that is a story that needs to be written down and saved, so when Liam IS getting married, this story can be told.

Dianna Graveman said...

How cute is that? Thanks for the sweet story.

Sandi said...

No, that's the rule. You have to marry them!