Sunday, February 14, 2021

Shot in the... and who's to blame?

 I am so thankful for my funny honey. We are celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary, but we have been together for 32 wonderful years. And every single day of our life together he as made me laugh.

His big hands have held onto mine, hugged our blended family of four adult kids, assisted, played with, teased, and aggravated all of our little ones who are almost all grown. He has cuddled all of our newborns, and in the past six years, squeezed our three great grandsons, who adore Paw-paw Bill. 

He has held each of our hearts, and each of us  holds so much love in our hearts for him.

Forget all of the fancy-schmancy anniversary cards, the cutesy-wootsey Valentine cards. Nothing will ever compare to this card that Bill bought me on our anniversary/Valentine's Day 2002.



Every year he adds another date, and that simple gesture makes me so happy.

 
On this day a long time ago when I was a new teacher, little red-haired, three-year-old Rachel came up to me and said, "Teacher, who's that guy who comes around at night, naked and gives you love?"

 My heart skipped a beat. I thought for sure I was going to have to call child abuse hotline. 

Then she said, "You know he shoots arrows at you to give you love?"
 
Whew! Cupid.

Sending love and appreciation to all my blog readers.

8 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

Aww! Happy anniversary Linda & Bill!

Kathy G said...

I hope there are many more dates added to that card :-)

DUTA said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary! Happy Valentine's Day!
Love the story of the girl asking about Cupid.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Do NOT under any circumstances tell Sasquatch I said this, but you are lucky to have Bill and--of course--Bill is extremely lucky to have you.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Val said...

I'm going to A$$ume by that card that Cupid knew the way to Bill's heart was through his rumpus!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--I forgot to say: A little Bon Jovi!

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Anniversary. I hope your day of love was so special.

~Sheri

Susan said...

hahahhaha That was a good one, Linda. Guess you never thought the same of Cupid after that conversation. You are so funny. Sincerely, Susan