Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Long hot summer

 Life sure has a lot of big scaries!

Climate change, mass killings, hurricanes, forest fires, war ...

But three-year-old Charlie is not afraid. I told him not to ride his bike past the sewer in the

driveway. He declared, "Don't worry, Nana, if somebody tries to get me and sqoosh me, I'll squirt 'em!"

His year younger brother, Alex, took his Dawn dishwashing bottle (filled with water) and said, "This is my diesel fuel," and he gassed up his bike. Gas prices, talk about a fright!

Charlie had to use the bathroom and took off quickly. He came back looking dejected and said, "I didn't have to go. I just had gasoline."

I have all three boys, three times a week this summer. Here they are finger painting with shaving cream. Lucky for them I taught PreK for four decades, and for 15 years I taught summer day camp, 5-10 year olds. Liam is seven and impressed by my games with candy prizes. I have lots of ideas and tricks up my sleeve. It is going to be a long hot summer.



6 comments:

Kathy G said...

Charlie's "I just had gasoline" is the best one I've heard in a while!

DUTA said...

The three'musketeer' will provide you with a lot of entertainment this summer. Nothing really to complain about.

Sioux Roslawski said...

But what memories you're making with those three boys. It might be long and hot, but it will also be a fun summer.

Val said...

I can imagine Bill growing a beard this summer, due to a lack of shaving cream. Maybe you should use the other days of the week to sit with your feet up and recover! The summer will pass quickly. No chance for anyone to get bored with those three boys around!

Eileen in Fla. said...

What a generous and loving gift to your family. Not only are the boys getting stimulating learning experiences, but individual care and attention not seen in usual daycamp settings. Their parents must be so happy that their kids are safe and loved this Summer!

Red Rose Alley said...

The boys look like they are having a blast finger painting with shaving cream. Have never heard of that before. Enjoy the summer with your grandboys. I hope it doesn't get too hot for you there.

~Sheri