Monday, June 6, 2022

My life this summer

I have lived a long and healthy life, so far. I have been blessed immensely with family, friends, a job I loved right up until the end. And now in my later years, I am so happy to be a great grandma to these three little adventurers. Alex is 4, Liam is going to be 8 next week, and Charlie is 3. They bring me so much happiness, and wear me out. I am teaching the littles and having summer fun with all of them.


These guys love the great outdoors. I do, too. I like to sit on the patio, (almost always a breeze) and read a book. 

Liam thought he would be bored at our house, but he said his first week with his brothers has been more fun than he could imagine. I led a summer day camp for school age kids for 15 years. He is amazed at how 'fun" I am and how many good ideas and games I come up with. LOL 

I believe a little dirt never hurt. Kids need to use their entire body and all their senses to explore and learn. We discovered a wonderful playground with a splash pad for all of the boys. That will be our Friday go to. If it were up to them, they would be there everyday. 

Yes, I get tired and stressed, but I am blessed. Today I am celebrating my 73 rd birthday. The boys will be celebrating their birthdays in June, July, and August. It is going to be a wild summer. I am fortunate to have the stamina, mind, and good health to handle these tigers. 

The littles are "reading." I placed a picture of a pig and pie on a paper. Then below the pics I wrote: The pig ate a pie. They touch and read. Of course they are reading the pictures (rebus reading) but they are very proud of themselves and interested in how letters make soumds and sounds create words. Literacy is so important.

Thank you for your visits to my blog. have a great week.




10 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

Happy Birthday, Linda! How special to spend fun time with your great-grandkids, that is awesome! Nothing better than time with grandchildren! I love that they are little adventurers! You are one great-grandma and it sounds like a really fun one!

Enjoy your special day!
Nancy~

Susan said...

Oh my goodness, Linda. You ran a summer camp, too? You are amazing. I'm sure the boys LOVE being at Great-Grammie's. What do they call you? Do they live far from you? Do you have to go and pick them up or do the parents drop them off?
Hope that's not too many question or too nosey.
Gorgeous day here in western Massachusetts. Just beautiful....sunny and COOL. My kind of weather.
Take care, birthday girl! Hugs. Susan

Val said...

Happy Birthday! Maybe you can make pictures for the boys with Grandma Ate a Birthday Cake!

Kathy G said...

Happy Birthday! What memories you're making for those boys.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--Happy birthday! Your great grandsons are blessed to have you in their lives. Enjoy them.

Janet smart said...

Happy birthday, Linda. You've caught up with my husband. Enjoy the summer and your grandbabies.

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Birthday Linda! That's great that the boys found a place to run and have fun and be a kid. You're right, a little dirt never hurt, and it's important that kids dig deep in the earth sometimes and see what they can find. I remember one Summer building dirt forts in the fields with all the neighbor kids. We stayed there most of the day until we were called home. It's a Summer I remember fondly.

You will have a wonderful Summer with the grandboys.

~Sheri

DUTA said...

Such a positive, joyful review of your life so far!
Happy Birthday, and many more happy years to you!

Eileen in Fla. said...

I'm just enthralled with your stories of days with your 3 boys. My hat's off to you. Do they (you) nap?

Pat Wahler said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Linda! You are blessed!