Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Boys just being boys


Every single time I cooked in the past week, the smoke detector wailed. Despite the fact I had the exhaust fan going, that device blared and screeched. So, Bill ordered a new one. The small product came in a large box with yards and yards of brown packing paper. 

I placed the paper on the driveway and made a road for Alex and Charlie. They had so much fun. Then Paw-paw came outside and had a better idea how to use the paper. He turned the boys into mummies.

Bill's oldest grandson, Kyle, came to visit. The boys call him Uncle Kyle. You should have heard them cheering. "Yay, Uncle Kyle's here!"

Last fall they went to his farm. He took them to see the animals and rode them in a gator vehicle all over. He gave them the grand tour of his property. They were looking at their journals/photo albums earlier before Kyle came. They were pointing to the pictures talking about all the fun they had on the farm.

Charlie wouldn't look at Kyle when he came through the door. Kyle asked what was wrong. Charlie said, I'm shy about you."
That lasted five minutes, then the three boys were all over Uncle Kyle wrestling and playing. As he left they asked if they could come live with him on his farm.

What a wonderful role model Kyle is! Seems only yesterday he was our little boy, and we were doing fun things with him. Time sure flies when you're having fun.





 

6 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I love this story! The boys are so lucky to be loved by so many people! Once when My Gavin was about 4 he decided to list all of his Grammas to me, me the number one Gramma. He had a list of Grampas, as well, but distinguished HeWho as Papa. He ended with all his aunts and uncles and told me how loved he was! Everyone in his life who was my age ended up being one of his Grammas. All of his mom's friends were aunts.

DUTA said...

Enjoy your new smoke detector!
That's a lovely photo with Kyle and the three boys all over him!

Val said...

I love Bill's mummy idea. It might be hard for a mummy to earn his keep, living on a farm.

My smoke detector goes off when I cook, too. But I don't think the problem lies with the smoke detector...

Kathy G said...

What a wonderful story! I continue to be amazed at your creativity.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Just curious: What did the boys say when the smoke detector wails?

Eileen in Fla. said...

I'll be sorry when Summer ends -- hope the boy adventures continue. It's been a joy following along.