Tuesday, April 11, 2023

It wasn't Peter Cotton Tail

While waiting for the Easter Bunny, we had a visit from a turkey. This guy wandered up the block, stopped in our driveway and looked at me, then moseyed on past four more houses. He stopped in his tracks when he saw his reflection in the  neighbor's glass storm door and preened for a while. He let me get very close before turkey trotting on up the block.  


I just love this photo taken by my daughter when the boys visited at her house. 


 I received an acceptance from Guideposts, Angels on Earth for one of my stories to be released in August. I am delighted to break into this publication. Hopefully many more.

Spring has arrived and I have sat on the patio and read five books in two weeks. My leisure activity.

For those of you who may have known prolific writer, Georgia Hubley, sadly she passed away last week. 

7 comments:

Val said...

Congrats on your Guideposts acceptance. I love the pictures. Pure happiness cannot be faked for a photo. Those boys are loving their Easter baskets. We used to have a turkey. He liked to look at his reflection in the bumper of Hick's truck.

jabblog said...

A socially inclined turkey - I wonder if he's be so keen closer to Christmas.

jabblog said...

*he'd*

Alice said...

Linda, congratulations on your Guideposts publication. Turkeys are out and about while they can. Turkey season starts next week...

DUTA said...

Congratulations on the acceptance from Guideposts of one of your stories! Wishing you acceptance of more of your stories in the future!
The Easter picture with your three grandies is one of happiness and laughter , and warms up the heart of the beholder.
We're glad to see the turkey wandering about, but sad to think of what might await him at Christmas.

Kathy G said...

The Easter Turkey just doesn't have the same ring to it. I haven't seen a Guideposts for a very long time.

Red Rose Alley said...

How delightful to see the turkey. They used to roam in my neighborhood in my old town, dozens of them. It was a sight. A wonderful photo of the boys at Easter. That is great news that that your story will come out in August. I do believe there are Angels on earth. And I want to thank you for your bigger font on your post. Makes it easier for tired eyes to read. Wish more of my blog friends did that.

Happy Spring, Linda.

~Sheri