Wednesday, April 26, 2023

A cage for our cutie

I am thrilled with my latest purchase. Lately I have been discouraged with the outrageous prices at the Goodwill Stores in our town. I know all about inflation, but who wants to pay $12 for a used, donated blouse because of its brand name? The rest of the blouses/shirts on the rack were about $5.00.

Used books used to cost a dollar, now they are up to $3.00. It makes me want to express my opinion. 

At the register, the clerk asked if I wished to donate my change. I replied, "Not since the prices have increased so much." 

I know it wasn't her fault, but I needed to be heard. And I was. Got a chorus of 
"Uh huhs!" and "That's right!" from others in line. However...


 I did hit the jackpot with this purchase. I saw a small, flat carrying case on a shelf. Unzipped it and knew if I released the folded up cage inside, I would never get it back in. There was an original sales tag on the unused, NEW item for our sweet, Sassy Boy, who loves-loves-loves his "dad."  When Bill goes to the back yard or sits on the patio, this sweet kitty sits at the back door and cries to come out. 

He was one happy cat when we took him outside. He resisted his removal with all of his fifteen pounds when it was time to go inside. I think it is going to be a great summer for all of us. He will be next to his "buddy" and be able to view the backyard birds and bunnies. 

I paid $5.99 for this collapsible Ruff and Rufus cage. Bill researched it on line. Retail price $50.00.

 I'd say that was a bit of good will for Goodwill to sell it at such a discount.


6 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

That's a good find at Goodwill. Haven't been there in awhile, and love browsing through all the goodies. I bet your kitty loved going outside and seeing all the sweet things of nature. It's great that this carrying case is unused and in good condition. Yes, sometimes I find a figurine or two that I can't pass up. Enjoy your new purchase Linda.

~Sheri

Val said...

That's quite a stylish cage, and a great bargain. Hick hasn't been doing much Goodwill shopping these days, or I'm sure I would have heard about price increases.

DUTA said...

May your 'cutie' greatly enjoy the newly bought cage! It's beautiful!

Kathy G said...

He DOES look happy. I won't shop at Goodwill since they removed the rooms for trying on clothes. It's a shame, because they do such good work.

jabblog said...

Excellent buy and what a good way to make sure your little beauty enjoys some fresh air safely.

Pat Wahler said...

Great deal for sure! I've often donated things to Goodwill that still have tags on, since I tend to shop online. Then I see the item and change my mind, but forget about returning. Oh well...