Thursday, June 1, 2023

Got my eyes set on you!

Our house sits on a main road. The homes behind us are at a lower level than our elevated house and the other ones on our street. Therefore, neighbors cannot see into our back windows. Still, I do not make it a habit of going nude with drapes or blinds open.

I got out of the shower and realized I had forgotten my bra. I covered my chest with my arms, and reasoned, "No one can see in anyway. Just go grab your bra from your lingerie drawer and go back to the bathtroom to finish dressing."

Then my little voice of reason began yapping. "Relax! Neighbors cannot see you. They'd have to be on a ladder gazing in the window, or hanging out in the thirty foot tall tree behind us." 

No sooner a thought, and I glimpsed a neon yellow vested communication technician working on the cable lines, hanging like a monkey gawking in at me! (Only me!)


Charlie is 4, and he saved his own little soul when he got "caught."
He was building with blocks, and when he knocked them over accidentally, he got frustrated and shouted, "JEEEsus!" He looked up at me looking at him and he said softly, "Jesus, I love you!"

Moral of my stories: you never know when someone is watching.

My mom used to use fear tactics: "No matter where you are, who you are with, or what you are doing, someone is always watching, and I WILL hear about it." 

I was a good kid, but always on the look out for mom's friends, our neighbors, or someone who could rat me out. 

 

12 comments:

DUTA said...

Your Mom was right. Fear tactics aren't always bad.

Kathy G said...

Charlie is really quick on his feet.

Val said...

Heh, heh! I think I am more shocked that somebody was actually WORKING ON THE CABLE LINES! When we lived in town, in my $17,000 house, our cable as always going out. Days at a time, no explanation, no adjustment to the bill.

Charlie might have a future career as a spokesman for a major corporation. He's already developing a good spin on a situation that could be problematic.

jabblog said...

Charlie's really quick - that sharp brain will stand him in good stead.

Red Rose Alley said...

The one time you think no one is watching, and they were! Yes, I'm cautious by nature, but it's a different environment here. Lots of room to roam, and no one seems to mind too much.

Happy June Linda!

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

I AM UNABLE TO POST ON MY BLOG SINCE LAST WEEK. HOPE TO BE BALE TO GET BACK ON SOON. FRUSTRATING!

Red Rose Alley said...

So sorry you can't post right now. I hope you figure things out soon. Thank you for stopping by and visiting, Linda, I appreciate that. Yes, losing all my photos was not good, but I guess it's time to make new photos. I hope the rest of June is good for both of us. ; )

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

The name Jillian is pretty, thanks for sharing. I know when the time comes, Jess and Brian will have picked out a dear name for the baby. I hope you are having a good Summer. So sorry you aren't able to post right now. Figuring out technical stuff is no fun.

~Sheri

Kathy G said...

I realized last night you hadn't posted in quite some time, and I stopped by to see if everything is okay. Although it's annoying, it was comforting to hear the issue was just technical.

Linda O'Connell said...

Still trying to figure out the tech stuff.

Linda O'Connell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yay! That's wot I wanna heer, brudda!!!
Gotta gobba lotta vivid nada wurdz
on me x-tra-effusive-blogOrammathon
speaking bout wot we ALL must face:
our lifelong demise... but, yet, our finite
existence shouldn't scare thee if you
gotta lil faith. God'll take care of youF
you put the Trinity first throughout our
death-defying-conundrum, lil1:
● NOPEcantELOPE.blogspot.com ●
Cya soon, girly-withe-curly...