Thursday, August 20, 2026

Sometimes you can't believe your own eyes!


This is the rear end of a Jeep. 

 I assume someone's grandma was very busy crocheting this spare tire cover for herself or her grandchild's Jeep. Crocheting is a lost art.

I couldn't believe what we were seeing. It was truly beautiful handiwork, and maybe it will start a fad. Who knows? 

Have you seen anything like it? Would you display it on your car?


9 comments:

Kathy G said...

Wow! It's beautiful, but I would think wouldn't last long in the sun and weather.

Val said...

I wouldn't put it on my car, because it would be filthy after its first trip down our mile of gravel road. I would hang it up in the house, to be admired.

Linda O'Connell said...

I imagine one good rain would shrink it. But it sure is a statement piece.

Linda O'Connell said...

I thought the same thing about a wall hanging. Hey Val get those needles going and you can sell them in Hick's little shop of goodies.

jabblog said...

It's wonderful, but won't it get awfully dirty?

Linda O'Connell said...

One good wind might send it sailing landing on another car.

Susan said...

That was a beautiful piece of crochet. No, I would not put it there. Lovely works of art deserve to be cherished and shown where they won't get mud-spattered and ruined. But the person who did it wanted it there, so good for them! It's really a lovely piece. Have a good week, my friend. Susan

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

It's a beautiful piece! Warm greetings from a retired lady living in Montreal, Canada.

Linda O'Connell said...

Linda, thank you for your visit. I apologize for our president!