Friday, March 4, 2011

Book Blurb Friday


I am joining Lisa at Writing in the Buff for her 150 word or less meme BOOK BLURB. Participants are to view a photo and write a blurb that will make this fictious book a best seller. Please visit Lisa's blog and leave a comment for others who are participating.

Peeking Through the Key Hole

By Iwana Seeitall

Fifteen year old Tomasina’s parents own a rambling Victorian boarding house in Vermont where a murder has taken place. The exterior and wrap-around porch hint at a glimpse into the past, a time when folks did not feel the need to lock their front doors. Now, each door has a modern deadbolt positioned ten inches above the original keyholes.

When doors are locked up tight for the night Tomasina removes her shoes and the emerald stud piercings in her eyebrows and flits quietly up and down the halls peering through the holes just below the glass doorknobs. She holds the skeleton key to the secrets that reside behind each door.

While investigators are methodically searching for clues, she discovers who murdered Mr. Mayhew. Nancy Drew has nothing on Peeping Tomasina who is discovered by the murderer with her eye to the keyhole.

15 comments:

Ellie Garratt said...

Your blurb is amazing - I would buy that book. The author's name made me laugh!

P.s. I'm now a follower too.

Bookie said...

This is excellent, Linda. So detailed in such small space!

BECKY said...

Awesome, Linda! I'd want to buy that book.

Lynn said...

You too - write the book. All you peeps are so creative!

Margo Benson said...

I think I've stayed in that boarding house! Vermont lends itself to creepy, I think. This is a great blurb.

Thanks for stopping by mine and following - I'm following you now!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh I like that. sandie

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Terrific blurb! I'd buy it. Northern New England...very Stephen Kingish!

Tammy said...

Oooh--I got chills from that haunting image of Peeping Tomasina flitting around the mansion!! Love it!

Peggy Frezon said...

I like your specific details, the emerald studs and the glass doorknobs.

Susan Fobes said...

Word play-love it! But shame on her for peeping-LOL!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

This could be a real book - how can the eccentric, yet leering, Thomasina convince the authorities that she knows the identity of the killer?

And how can her family and the police protect her from becoming the next victim?

Duh duh duh (dramatic music)...

Linda O'Connell said...

Thanks to all of you for stopping by. This activity could actually turn us all into best selling novelists.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--As usual for you, there's a bit of whimsy in your blurb. Since I'm one of the few (still living) tried and true Nancy Drew fans, I would definitely buy your book.

jabblog said...

Tomasina is a brave young girl - I hope she finds a way out of her predicament!

Dominic de Mattos said...

I loved the tongue pressed firmly to cheek! your names are priceless!

Great concept ... let's hope Thomasina escapes and is not the victim of a cautionary tale!

:Dom