I live in St. Louis, MO, but my heart and soul hang out at the beach. I am a multi-genre, award winning writer, and speaker. I am a seasoned pre-k teacher, on line writing instructor, wife, mother, Nana to twelve. Hopefully, something I say will make you smile, further your writing career, or inspire you to write from the heart, too. email@example.com. Twitter, @WriterLindaO.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Another tell all!
Click here to discover a wonderful blogger, named Sylvia Morice who has a warped sense of humor like I do. She awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award, which means I link back to her, pass on to seven others and reveal seven things about myself.
Since I have done this recently, I shall be brief.
1. I have unofficialy mentored more degreed professionals than I can name. One teacher, in the public school where I once worked, used to stand outside my classroom to read my bulletin boards so she could LEARN. She taught middle school and I taught preschool. She also admitted that she bought her blind son a car. So there you go!
2. I'd rather be barefoot or wearing flip-flops.
3. On a recent 97 degree day I opened my closet for a birthday gift bag and nearly sobbed at the sight of Christmas decorations which made me profoundly aware of how much I despise dreary, long winters.
4. I can walk miles on a beach, but need an incentive to walk the neighborhood.
5. During the '82 World Series, my ex was auto mechanic to many of the St. Louis Cardinal's baseball players who came to our house. My daughter still has Keith (darned good-looking) Hernandez's autographed photo.
6. I almost drowned in the Missouri River when I was ten.
7. I had my first child in an army hospital in Fairbanks, Alaska. When I told the medic that it was "time", he replied, "The doctor is on coffee break, and the TIME is almost 1:00 a.m."
Should you decide to accept this award, please follow the guidleines, link back and pass it on. Now, drumroll, please...the versatile blogger award goes to:
Barb, who uses a purple pen (purplepen-barbsmusings.blogspot.com)
Beth, who digresses (bethmwood.blogspot.com)
Dianna, who writes in the midwest on a variety of topics(diannagraveman.wordpress.com)
Lynn, who waxes sentimental (lynnobermoeller.blogspot.com)
Val the Victorian, who lets the cat out of the bag (unbagging the cats.blogspot.com)
June Freaking Cleaver, who tells it like it is (ratiooffailures.blogspot.com)
Mary, the teachR writR (writrteachr.blogspot.com)
Debora, who has lovely things (whatsoeverthingsarelovely.blogspot.com)
Some of these folks have multiple blogs. Amazing!
Oops, I added eight, oh well, you are all deserving, and I am a rule breaker.
Posted by Linda O'Connell at 5:43 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I could identify with that Christmas decoration reaction! Although looks like this summer might be a trial of its own. In 14 June days, 10 have been 90 degrees or more already!
Thanks for comments on my June Blessings post. Glad to see Blogger is letting "in" again!
I know most of those bloggers, but there are a couple I am not familiar with. I will have to check them out! (And you made some good choices.)
You're in the home stretch. School is almost over. Hang on by your fingernails...
Thank you, Linda! Doesn't it feel good to tell it like it is?
Unless you're writing fiction, of course - then it feels good to tell it like you want it to be.
Too busy...who...me? Never! I accept the award graciously...wow...I'm in esteemed company! Check my blog in a day or two for my "7 things" ... although I'm not sure I can compete with some of yours! Looking forward to reading everyone else's!
Enjoyed learning more about you - I'm a flip flop gal myself!
Congrats on your award! And congrats on the new winners as well. It's fun to learn a little more about you!
Thank you for the award. I've cleaned off a place on the mantle, and it is up for all to admire. I might even step out on the porch and toot my own horn to attract more visitors.
Thanks so much for the award, Linda! You're wonderful. As I'm repurposing my blog right now (see how easily I use "corporate speak" in my everyday language?), I may hold off on listing stuff about me right now. Besides,I'm not nearly as interesting as you, and you already know all the good, bad, and ugly stuff about me anyway. :)
I knew we were simpatico--I LIVE in flip flops! AND I remember the very hot Keith Hernandez.
A fun stop at Linda's--as usual. :-)
I too can relate to that sobbing at Christmas decorations. I don't hate winter too much, but my decorations get later and later each year!
Hi Y'all. No I'm not southern, but felt like greeting all of you all (Cathy).
Why thanks for the award Linda! I'll try to think of 7 interesting things about me, but it may be a stretch! Too bad we don't live near one another; I'm a beach walker too-wouldn't it be great to just walk the coastal beaches all around the country?
Oh, I'm with you! I could walk on the beach all day and not grow tired of it. Congrats on your award!
Post a Comment