Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm clucking!

Oh yeah! If my back wasn't hurting so bad, I'd be up doing the victory dance. I received my final round acceptance from Chicken Soup for the Soul books on my story for the Married Life book. It is a story so dear to my heart about how Bill and I met. It is about how his pantry, like his life seemed perfect, mine and my life were haphazard. I wrote how I like to wing it and he has to plan every detail. It also includes a humorous incident involving a vacation.

I had titled it Committed, No Matter How it Stacks Up. The only edit they made was the title, they changed it to, The Odd Couple, which is probably more appropriate. The big guy said, "Well they should retitle it to, The Odd ONE!"

18 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are the Chicken Soup queen! Congrats, Linda!

Pat
Critter Alley

Debora said...

Once again, your recipe for chicken soup is a hit! Opposites do attract, don't they?

Susan said...

Fabulous news, Linda! Your diligence and persistence paid off! Susan

Bookie said...

Congrats, Linda, I am happy for you! I have never made it to first base with CSS.

Sioux Roslawski said...

We all bow down in awe. Congratulations, Linda.

Lynn said...

Definitely the Queen Chick - congrats!

Val said...

Well done! I like to think of you as Writer Most Fowl.

Claudia Moser said...

Happy for you, congrats :)

jabblog said...

Congratulations! When opposites attract it's so much more interesting . . .

Cathy C. Hall said...

Hahahaha! Can so see why you and Bill are a couple, odd or otherwise!

Congrats, too! (See you in the CS pages ;-)

Donna Volkenannt said...

Good for you. Congratulations on another Chicken Soup coup.
(I couldn't help myself.)
Donna

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your newest story to make it into Chicken Soup! You are amazing...

Anonymous said...

PS--thank goodness I'm finally able to leave comments again on your blog--couldn't do it for a long time as I always got the message that I wasn't matching the text thingie (that you used to prevent spam)...so glad you changed it!

Missionary Mayhew said...

Ha haa! I love Bill's comment about the Odd One. Is he referring to himself by any chance?! Congratulations again! Maybe someday I'll get to share a Chicken soup book with you!
Debra

Debra Mayhew said...

Hey! I just noticed I can comment as myself on not missionary Mayhew! Yippee! (Doing a happy dance for both of us!)

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Congrats, happy for you!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Linda,

How wonderful! Congratulations. It's not easy getting into that anthology.

Blessings,
Susan :)

Janet Smart said...

Congratulations! That may have been the title I submitted to and didn't get accepted. I like both the titles!