Saturday, February 2, 2013

Am I his sunshine?

I received news that two of my poems were accepted by CANTOS, the Literary and Arts Journal of Missouri Baptist University.

I do write poetry, but I prefer writing personal essays. I have a wonderful husband who supports my writing efforts, accompanies me to writer events and open mic nights. But I have never considered him a writer, much less a poet, until I found this waiting for me on the computer. You think he's trying to tell me something?

On a partially cloudy morn
the world rotates, and (from the bed)

in the East I can see
the glow of ---
the computer screen.
Life begins
and ends with email.


~your ever loving husband


Hey at least there's a glow in his eye.

14 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Is it a glow for you, or is the light bouncing back because of the cataracts? ;)

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--I forgot to say--Congratulations.

And seriously. Bill IS a writer. He just needs to take more moments and sit down at the computer and write.

And I don't mean Amazon reviews, either. ;)

Sioux Roslawski said...

And of course the cataracts would belong to Bill. He is OLD. You are his trophy wife...

Bookie said...

Such good news for you, Linda! Happy for you. And Bill, sounds like he has a sense of humor AND a writing knack...keep him for a while longer.

Mevely317 said...

I just laughed out-loud!
Sounds like something my own hubby's thinking, but wouldn't dare say.
Your Bill? What a KEEPER! :)))

Southhamsdarling said...

Aaaw, I really think that's very sweet!! He is a poet and doesn't know it!!
Congratulations to you by the way. You're on a roll at the moment.
I should hang on to that hubby of yours, if I were you!!

Julia Gordon-Bramer said...

Sweet! :-)

BECKY said...

Congrats, Linda! And that poem is fabulous! I honestly believe he should write more often and start submitting, like you. Then you'll both be Toast(s) of the Town!

Val said...

Congrats on your poems! Maybe Bill should send out some submissions. I found his poem to be so...so...poetic!

If my husband left a message on my computer, it would be:

"Your on teh computer to dang much."

Debora said...

He's good! Seems for an essayist you're a pretty prolific poet! Congratulations!
Cheers!

Connie said...

Congratulations on getting your poems accepted! As for your hubby's note, I think it's kind of sweet. :-)

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Perhaps he'd like an extra snuggle on partially cloudy mornings...the email will still be there.

Lynn said...

Congrats and that is so sweet that Bill wrote that.

Marcia G. said...

Congrats! I want to read your poems. Your husband's is well done!