Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I love you yeah-yeah-yeah!

We were married on Valentine's Day nineteen years ago. This was taken last week.

I wrote a parody song to the tune of He Ain't Got a Barrel of Money, in 1994. I entered it in the Valentine's Day contest at Y-98 radio station KYKY.  I won a complete wedding! Gold bands, his tux, professional wedding photo, my flowers, a reception on the Alton Belle and more. We were married on air with 97 other couples in the exquisite Grand Hall upstairs at Union Station. We had already set our original wedding date for April. My honey married me twice! The first time in public, on air, enmasse. He says he married me twice to make it stick. Not one day has gone by that I haven't laughed with him or AT him. I have been so happy these past years, and I know that I am so blessed.

Nicole is  my funny "little" honey. She's aware that Valentine's Day is about expressing love. On the way to school this week we've been playing a game. I tell her that I love her to the tree tops, and she competes. I watch her in my rear-view mirror sitting in her car seat THINKING.  "Nana, I love you to the top of the trees, and to the bottom of the ocean." We continue to one-up each other, but she got me today!

"Nana, I love you to the tree tops, up  into the sky, around the whole wide world,  (then she folded her hands and bowed her head) and alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way to heaven. That's how much I love YOU." She looked up and smiled. "See, I love you the most." Let her think it!

 May you feel the love today and everyday, too.



 

11 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

Happy anniversary! Hope you and Bill enjoy celebrating your special day.

Pat
Critter Alley

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Aww, so sweet and romantic! My honey and I were married the day before Thanksgiving.

Merlesworld said...

We were married on my husbands birthday he got me as a birthday present as i forgot to buy him one that year.
Merle....

Joanne Noragon said...

She got you, Nana. Keep an eye on this one.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Happy Anniversary! Should I tell you again in April?

Bookie said...

A romantic date to remember!
Bet you have fun at "work" tomorrow...Valentine's Day is a fun day to share with little ones. Happy Anniversary with your sweetie!

Connie said...

How exciting and fun that you won your wedding! That must have really been a day to remember. Happy Anniversary and Happy Valentine's Day! :-)

Sioux Roslawski said...

I hope tomorrow is a wonderful day for the two of you. You two are made for each other. (Usually I say that with snarky intentions, but not this time.)

Val said...

Well, he should be able to remember at least ONE of your anniversaries!

Cathy C. Hall said...

Okay. Now THAT is sweet. ♥

Susan said...

Oh, that little granddaughter must fill your heart to the brim with love, Linda. Susan