Monday, March 19, 2018

Digging up the dirt...


11 Questions for the Sunshine Blogger Award

 Thank you for stopping by Write from the Heart. Today I’m answering questions posed by fellow blogger Lisa Ricard Claro. 
Lisa Ricard Claro is an award-winning author with published novels, articles, essays, and short stories spanning multiple media. She is the author of The Fireflies Series, award-winning women's contemporary romance. You can always find a rescue pet in her books... and a hunk!
Lisa also writes a fun blog titled Writing in the Buff. Be sure to click on and check it out.

Thank you, Lisa, for the nomination.
I nominate Susan Wicker, Kim Shaeffer Lenhoff, and Kathy Shulze Elias. 
To accept the Sunshine Blogger Award, you must do the following:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you. 
  2. Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you. 
  3. Nominate other bloggers for the award. 
  4. Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated. 
  5. Notify the bloggers you have nominated. 
  1. Linda, What do you love most about blogging/writing?
    Blogging is a way to meet new people and learn new information. The purpose of my blog is to share writing information, and to inspire others. Lately my blog seems to be more of a personal journal where I chronicle the interactions and photos of people I love and the places I've been. I guess you could say my blog is eclectic. I used to blog twice a week. I need to get back to serious posting.
I love writing because it is an outlet for my thoughts. Sometimes I must write, and other times I must force myself to write, but I am always glad when I put words to paper.
  1. Name a place you’ve never been but would love to visit and why.
    I have cruised to the Caribbean and Bahamas, but have not been to St. Lucia. My mother wanted to name me Lucia. If Lucia is as beautiful as the tropical isles we have visited, I would be ecstatic.

  2. Describe your favorite snack.
    Dark chocolate dipped pretzel thins or Dove dark chocolate squares. Although sometimes I prefer a snack size bag of salty Fritos.
                                                                                                   
  3. What’s the best movie you have seen lately?
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. It was intense.

  4. What is your favorite season and why?
    My favorite season is fall, ah the autumn colors. One day I am going to the Northeast to be a leaf peeper. I enjoy hiking in the crisp air when weather changes. Summer isn't all bad. I prefer long hot days to cold short days, therefore winter is my least favorite. Spring makes me hopeful, but the weather is too fickle and rainy. I love to walk or sit outdoors and read.
  5. Do you believe in ghosts?
    Absolutely. Maybe I should say I believe in the supernatural and spirits. I have a keen sixth sense and have experienced the unexplainable many times. There has to be more than what our five senses absorb.
7. What advice do you give but don’t take yourself?
Don't view rejection as a stop sign; instead view it as a temporary obstacle. In all areas of life, I believe each of us has gifts and talents, and we are all capable of achieving something great.
My best advice: don't worry because if something is meant to be it will happen.
In my head I believe this, but my heart gets in the way of practicing what I preach.      
  
8.  If you had to choose one favorite color what would it be?
Any shade of ocean or clear sky. A lot of my tops/blouses are turquoise, blue, or red.

9. When is the last time you laughed?
JUST NOW! My honey turned on his lap top to watch a tutorial and a man's voice shouted, "Hello!" I jumped. I thought someone was peeking in our window.
We laugh every single day. Bill and I are best friends; if I'm not laughing with him, I'm laughing at him. Laughter is a balm to our soul.

I also laugh heartily when I gather with girlfriends. We've been given the evil eye in many restaurants because we cannot contain our laughter. We leave good tips.

10.  Do you prefer a tablet or actual book while reading?
Give me a book any day. I love the weight, the cover, and especially my many bookmarks from family and friends. I often have three books "going" at one time.

11. You’ve just discovered you’re a superhero—what’s your name and superpower?
My name is Wander Woman, and if I think of a desirable geographical area, I can be there with a wave of my hand.
I really AM a superhero to these two cuties.  



Questions for Susan Wicker, Kathy Shultz Elias, and Kim Shaeffer Lehnoff to copy, paste and answer.

 1. Have you ever won a writing award?
 2. Snacks: do you prefer sweet, or savory and salty?
 3. Have you ever driven in your night clothes and or slippers? Care to explain?
 4. What is one thing you can do better than your husband?
 5. If you had only one movie choice, would it be science fiction, comedy, romance or horror?
 6. Your preferred place to dine out.
 7. What is a pet peeve that drives you crazy?
 8. Your preference: wear swim suit in a pool, or shorts/T shirt in a lake, river?
 9. What advice would you give your twenty-one-year-old self?
10. What is your secret pleasure that doesn't cost money?
11. Hawaii or Alaska for a trip and why ?


14 comments:

Connie said...

It was fun to read your answers and learn more about you. We just watched the Three Billboards movie over the weekend. Intense is a good word to describe it.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Thanks for answering the questions, Linda, and for offering so much insight into what makes you tick! And of course you're a superhero to those two sweetie pies...but also to your readers, me included! I'd call you Writerwoman, because of your many publications. :)

Susan said...

Thank you for the nomination, Linda. I'm working on the details. Susan

Val said...

Now inquiring minds know (some of) what makes you tick!

Sioux Roslawski said...

I agree with Lisa. You are Writer Woman to me, too... able to scale a tall Irishman in a single leap...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat Wahler said...

Ditto on the dark chocolate!

www.patwahler.com

Lynn said...

Loved hearing your answers and those great grandkids of yours are adorable.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this great post with us. I have read this post very carefully. It is an educational post that helps in writing. I am waiting for next post and share a resource for your checking http://www.writingabio.com/tips-on-writing-an-autobiography/

Follow us said...

I really appreciate to the author who shares great post with theirs. There are various talented masters which are the pride of our country. Preparing makes this skilled worker to push ahead and exhibit their capacity.

Unknown said...

Good post, There features a heap of expert maker UN office can work for the most important maker or some individual may facilitate for any extremely affiliation wherever they will obtain a couple. Check http://executive.biowritingservices.com/ to take a gander at additional concerning the standard creation organizations.

RobertKY said...

I would like to say that your content is extremely impressive. I just love the way you write. Our project manager is creating best online service to everyone. Here is our homepage. Here, you'll get interesting tips of making bio.

NAINA said...

How I can participate on blogger award? I didn't any opportunity click to read. I see you are writing about this. can you help me .

Keith F. Mount said...

Amazing post! It is a decent chance to learn English phrasal verbs. I read this article and get much data for the learning English. You can read post to acquire tips to learn English.