Sunday, March 14, 2021

I've been having palpitations

To say I have been in a panic or on a tangent for a few days would be putting it mildly.

I thought I lost access to my blog. Someone in this house signed onto the computer and watched You Tube videos, because that someone is a gadget guy who watches tutorials before he makes purchases. 

Somehow a password got changed, and I wanted to crawl into a ball and cry. I couldn't figure it out, and although my honey offered, he was unable to recover my blog page.

Today I tried something simple, and it simply worked. Now if I can get it to work again! 

My honey is outside happily smoking a whole chicken, because he is proficient at using his new gadget. And I am happy to be back on Blogger because he watched the tutorial. 

We have both had our first Covid-19 vaccine and feel somewhat protected. Hopeful anyway.

Daffodils have blossomed in our backyard. So much fun helping three-year-old Alex discover signs of spring. he has been turning over rocks in search of worms and bugs that are waking up. He is excited.

 I used to teach my students to recite, "Thank  you, Jesus for my eyes, so I can see the flowers and the butterflies." Now Alex is reciting it. I love having my little guys back on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Charlie had a tummy bug, so he hasn't discovered the worms/bugs yet. Happy spring to you!




13 comments:

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Isn't it a horrible feeling when you lose the keys to the kingdom of technology?

I'm so glad you figured it out! Remember, I am a phone call away if you need moral (and a bit of technical) support. Alex is growing up so fast!

Susan said...

Oh Linda, your great-grands are SO lucky to have you----a former pre-school teacher-----introducing them to so many wonderful things. Ashley must be thrilled, too. Oh, gosh, I can only imagine your angst when you thought you may have lost your blog. Oh, heart palpatations galore.
I am alone today but have to make myself get dressed, go out into the cold, and go to the supermarket. Not thrilled about it but I'll go. Take care, Linda, and have a good rest of the weekend. Susan

Trisha Faye said...

What fun your having with the grandkids back in the house. And a nice warming Spring to celebrate with them!
I love reading your posts.

Pat Wahler said...

All's well that ends well.

I'm with you on the technology monster. When it doesn't perform as expected, I panic!

Dianna Graveman said...

Glad you are back on the blog. Happy spring!

Janet, said...

Such a cute saying for the kids to recite. Daffodils are so pretty, mine are up, too.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

It is so frustrating to be locked out! I finally have my phone back and working, although i am still juggling two phones. One for the park and one for me. I am afraid to forward one in case I screw something up!!

Kathy G said...

I have multiple gmail accounts, one of which is tied to my blog's log in. Every once in a while Blogger will get wires crossed and I have a similar experience. It's very aggravating. Glad you got the issue fixed.

Val said...

Heh, heh! When I started that sentence "My honey is outside happily smoking..." my mind raced ahead of my eyes, and I ASSUMED he would be smoking a cigar in celebration of your password recovery. When I got to "...a whole chicken," it made me snort at such an image.

Sioux Roslawski said...

I went in the same direction Val did... I was thinking, 'Sasquatch smokes?' until I finished reading that sentence. Ha!

I'm so glad you got access to your blog again. Technology--when it's not working correctly--can really bite us in our butts.

DUTA said...

Things can get recovered on Blogger, but until it gets fixed it causes us to worry.
The words of thanks for being able to see the beauty around, sound sweet coming from Alex, the little boy.

BECKY said...

Wow, Linda. I would be in a complete panic too if I lost my password!! Glad it turned out well!

Red Rose Alley said...

That is so special what you used to teach your students, Linda. Our eyesight is so important and we are blessed to have it. I have a couple blog friends who's eye sight is failing, and it saddens me. This is such a cute picture of Alex in your garden. I have been seeing a lot of daffodils in the blog world. And speaking of that, I'm so glad you recovered your blog. That must have been frustrating for you. I have enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you. : )

~Sheri