Friday, August 27, 2021

I love a good laugh

 Sometimes I am amazed at people. 

We went to a restaurant, masked and socially distanced, for lunch. A couple maybe in mid 30s appeared to be on a first date. She said, "Well yes, I wouldn't mind seeing a movie. But no, I wouldn't want to see THAT movie. However since we are on a date, I would sit there beside you in the theater, but I would not enjoy it."

He told her to go online then and select something she wanted to see. 

He asked what she liked to do for entertainment. 

She said, "Well I'm trying to be more adventurous."

 His eyes widened. "How?"

"Well skating for instance. I don't want to just skate. I'm thinking about skate boarding."

He did a double take but said nothing. He opened his wallet to pay with one of the several 100 dollar bills he flashed. Making a first date impression?

I am sitting here wondering how that date ended. They both weighed about 400 pounds, no exaggeration.

************************************************************************************

My honey made me laugh out loud yesterday. A few days ago, he noticed a little bump on his bottom lip and got a tube of herpecin (for fever blisters and canker sores) out of the medicine cabinet. 

Every time I saw him he was reapplying it. I told him he might be overdoing it. 

He came into the living room later and said, "Why didn't you TELL me I was using LIP GLOSS instead of that medicine on my lips for the past three days?!

The dentist always gifts patients a tube of lip gloss. I laughed until I couldn't laugh any more.

6 comments:

DUTA said...

Well, lip gloss shouldn't perhaps be in the medicine cabinet, but what about checking the tube before use? Men...

Kathy G said...

All I get from my dentist is a new toothbrush and a sample of floss if I ask really nice. I would LOVE to have lip gloss!

Val said...

Bill wouldn't need hundreds in his wallet to impress YOU on a date! His glossy lips could do the talking.

Pat Wahler said...

LOL! At least his lips were smooth, supple, and shiny!

Red Rose Alley said...

I am laughing out loud with that first story. I can just see you sitting there at the restaurant and overhearing the conversation that was going on. And your husband was using lip gloss the whole time instead of medicine haha.

You do have a way with stories, Linda.

~Sheri

Sioux Roslawski said...

Well, I guess it could be worse. He could have had hemmorhoids, and was making another body opening all shiny and glossy...

A 400-pound person skateboarding? Wow. I'm visualizing it now...