Monday, August 30, 2021

A Snickers bar?

 Everyone knows you can see some interesting individuals at Walmart. Usually they are customers.

Today I had a strange encounter with a store associate when I was picking up photos.

The young man in the electronic's department presented me with the envelope of photographs. He said, "Look and see if you want them."

"I do. I want all of them. I edited them on the store photo computer."

"Well, are you sure?"

 "Yes, I'm sure."

"That will be $2.13."

I handed him eight quarters, two nickels and three pennies. 

He shouted, "Holy cow Martha! Look at this, a full sized Snickers bar. And don't feel bad, ma'am I need the change." 

Okaaay. I didn't feel bad; I had cash in my wallet. 

WHO was Martha? He was working alone.

A Snicker's bar?

Maybe it's me.

I left shaking my head, but pleased with my pics of Alex and Charlie in the pool.

7 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

I remember the days of going to pick up photos, and being excited to see them. It's occurred to me more than once, I don't have recent paper pictures. Everything is on my phone on the computer.

Kathy G said...

That certainly was a memorable expression of the clerk's excitement.

Val said...

What kind of psycho comment was that? Why would you feel bad for paying with coins? Supposedly there's a coin shortage. He should be glad to get them. It's like you handed him a baby unicorn! AND I don't remember Snickers being so expensive.

Nice picture of the boys. I hope that guy didn't look at them! Not his business.

Sioux Roslawski said...

So... not only are many of the Walmart customers crazy, but so are the employees.

Bizarre.

DUTA said...

There are always expressions about coins and small change; some want them, others not.
The main thing is the photo with the boys that pleased you.

Red Rose Alley said...

I am cracking up again. I love when we come across things or conversations that are so bazaar in our lives. I have a few wacky stories of store conversations or just things I've heard. But I'm glad you are writing them down. Alex and Charlie are having fun in the pool. : )

~Sheri

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I imagine if I worked at WalMart, I'd be even more unbalanced than I am now. I think it (and I) could be classified as an occupational hazard. :)