Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Breakfast with the former president

In our town, Panera is known as St. Louis Bread CO. I dined there with a dear friend, who happens to be the former prez of St. Louis Writer's Guild. It has been a long gloomy winter for me, and fpor months I have set aside my literary aspirations. I have been lax in participating in Open Mic nights and critique meetings. 

Maybe it's the lush grass and spring flowers that have awakened my need to connect with other writers and friends. I enjoyed great conversation and even particiapted in a ZOOM Open Mic which has lifted my spirits. I hope the bounty that spring brings uplifts you, too. 

5 comments:

Eileen in Fla. said...

You scared me there for a minute. Love your sense of humor.

Red Rose Alley said...

Glad you got to visit with a friend. That's always nice. In my old town, I used to go to Panera often, and get the broccoli cheddar soup. It was a favorite of mine, and so good. I really miss that place. I'm glad you got to zoom with other writers and friends. It's the same really as being there in person, except for the hugs. : )

~Sheri

Kathy G said...

I have SO MUCH more energy on beautiful Spring (and Fall) days.

Val said...

Heh, heh! I'm all about a clickbait title! I was just getting energized with the sunny warm two days we had. And then the snow and sleet today sapped my creativity.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

And here I was, picturing you at KFC with Trump!