Thursday, April 28, 2022

Who needs laughing gas!

Time to visit the dentist. 

Those words used to strike fear in my heart. I could feel the remembered pain from childhood dental experiences.

Visiting Dr. Holly Ellis, DDS and her team is always such a positive experience. Dr. Ellis is personable and fun and makes her patients feel at ease. 

I gave her a copy of my Chicken Soup for the Soul, Too Funny book. Her staff looks forward to reading a story here and there during their workday or at lunch. This one will have them showing THEIR pearly whites.

I was in the chair when Dr. Ellis walked in and asked me about my eyes. I wondered which of us was more confused. Then it dawned on me. She had read my story. We both had a good laugh.

My hygeniest, who I have known for many years, mentioned she was going to eat a light lunch. I told her she didn't need to worry about dieting. "You are so petite."

Denise said, "Yes I am. My brother is big; he got it all, the height, the weight, even the boobs."

Never laugh when you have a rinse device in your mouth.  

Visiting my dentist is like reuniting with girlfriends. We always pick up right where we left off. 

Ellis Dental
10296 Big Bend Rd.
Suite 207
St. Louis, MO 63122
314-965-1334

2 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

How fun! I'm sure the dental time will have a great time reading your story and the others.

Val said...

Heh, heh! My dentist was not quite so entertaining. At least he gave me GAS! It was in a giant CLOWN container, because I'm such a baby they had to give me to the KIDS' dentist. I'm not proud. Whatever it takes to get the gas.