Sunday, October 9, 2022

I've been shot.

I scheduled my second Covid booster for Friday evening at a local pharmacy.

I thought I knew what I was in for since I have had terrible reactions to the vaccines. Literally wiped out and suffering from teeth-chattering chills, but no fever, for one and a half to two days. Doctor tells me that means I have a strong antibody.  

If only THAT had been the worst of it. I filled out my paperwork and when the pharmacy tech called my name, she asked if I was back in town. I told her I'd never left town. She asked my birthdate and middle name again. Then she said, "I see you have recently received the vaccination."

Nope! "Well that's weird, there is another person with your exact name and birthdate, and she lives in your zip code.

I laughed and explained I had received her birth control pills once when I was waiting for antibiotics. We had a laugh. Then she asked when I returned to St. Louis from Kentucky.

"Never been there, didn't reside there, but last year when I received my first booster the paharmacist entered my address as a town in Kentucky. 

Her eyes widened and she said, "Wow! That is jacked up! Should have never happened. Has fouled up everything in the system. This is serious."

I had caught the error and asked the pharmacist to enter my correct address, and they claimed they did. I even called the next day to confirm. They said it was taken care of.

Pharmacy tech said, "Obviously if they changed it, they didn't SAVE the changes. Serious stuff!"

I asked, "As in sue the pharmacy, serious?"

"Oh no-no-no. I can take care of this, but it sure is jacked up."

Now, I ask you, would YOU have chosen that terminology even if it WAS jacked up?

Perhaps, in my heading I should have said I've been innoculated or vaccinated instead of shot. See how words matter?

6 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

They do matter! Sounds like you have the basis for another one of your terrific stories, Linda.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Going to try again to comment! It does make one skeptical of the informtion taker!!

Val said...

This does nothing to refute my theory that only 1 in 10 employees can do a job RIGHT these days! I wonder what the other gal got in place of her birth control pills. May have been your antibiotics, may not.

One time I picked up Genius's allergy pills, and got home to see it was a lady's high blood pressure meds. A drove back to town for the right prescription, then I switched pharmacies. They told me only the label was wrong, but the pills inside were right. As if that was supposed to be reassuring for the next time, when it might be the right label, but wrong pills...

Red Rose Alley said...

That is really strange that another person has your same name and birthdate and zip code. So sorry you had to go through all of this. My last name is very different, so I don't think there are two of me haha. You are right that words matter. Words are powerful, right? I hope you are feeling better from the vaccine. I felt pretty lousy for a couple days as well.

~Sheri

Kathy G said...

I guess that your name is common enough to be repeated, but to have the woman have the same birthday AND be in the same zip code is freaky! Have you ever tried to seek her out?

janet smart said...

I figured you meant you got vaccinated when you said you'd been shot. We had a mess up at a pharmacy once. They gave us the wrong pills. I'm just glad we noticed it before we started taking them. Now that could have been a problem! There is someone who lives in Lewisburg, WV and goes to the Lowes there all the time and apparently uses our name somehow and gets my husband's VA discount. We get emails all the time asking us to fill out a survey about our latest purchase. Needless to say, we have never been to the Lewisburg store which is quite a ways from where we live. We've tried to straighten them out, but nothing works.