Thursday, November 24, 2022

How much turkey can one woman eat?

 Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I am grateful for my readers. I have so many blessings for which to be thankful.

I have to share a Charlie quip. I did a paper plate turkey craft with him. He snipped eight colored feathers and I wrote on each one. I asked him something he was grateful, thankful, happy, glad for.

He named his family members, yougurt, sour cream, gum, outside, parks, playgrounds. He was stumped. Finally he said, "I know! I am thankful I finally quit peeing my pants at night." He's had a few accidents.

It was difficult to keep a straight face and acknowledge his blessings. He was so serious.

We cooked our turkey Monday and have been feasting on it and all the trimmings for days.

Today we will be celebrating with Bill's daughter, Robin and her family, joined by Bill's other daughter Michele and her family. We will be visiting with their kids. All of our "babies" are grown, but they will always be our babies. Some are newlyweds, or recent college graduates, or home from out-of-state university where they are doing research and pursuing advanced degrees. 

Their hugs are gentler now that we are older. Their bodies are big, but their hearts remain kiddos. We are still Paw-paw and Nana.

We will be visiting my children later this week, eating two more turkey dinners. THEN, I diet.


7 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Linda!

Kathy G said...

I love your Charlie thankfulness story :-)

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I am impressed with Charlie and his thankfulness!

DUTA said...

Celebration with family on the fine turkey meat and enumeration of thanks and blessings, is a very special life event!

Val said...

When you're done with your Turkey Tour, THEN you'll know how much turkey one woman can eat. Unless that was just a rhetorical question! To which I say, "There IS no limit!"

jabblog said...

It's lovely to count one's blessings and all too easy to take them for granted. We don't have Thanksgiving in the UK - maybe we should have an annual day to reflect. Christmas is too frantic, though enjoyable. You must be turkeyed out by now . . .

Red Rose Alley said...

Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. We just finished the leftovers this week. That's so dear that the kids give you gentle hugs now and are being considerate of your age. My son is a big guy too, so all he has to do is gently hug, and I feel it. ; )

~Sheri