Thursday, November 10, 2022

Just no stopping it!

There is no stopping some things.  

The boys are growing like weeds. The littles are reading simple words and so proud of themselves; they are very interested in learning. 

Liam is going to be taller than me by his ninth birthday. He was off school for voting, so I took him and his brothers to Suson Park/Farm. They played at the playground, walked around the lake, visited farm animals, and then we headed to Wendy's for $5.00 meal deals. Home for a nap for the littles. Liam thinks he's too big, so he played video games. 

No stopping it. When your body talks, listen! After Charlie and Alex woke up I couldn't find Liam anywhere. Discovered him completely under the covers, stretched across the foot of my bed, snoozing. Had to wake him when his mom came. 


My story, Grease Generously is being read around the world in Chicken Soup for the Soul, My Wonderful, Wacky Family. This one is hilarious. Every family has a wackadoodle. In this case, it was ME. I hope you get a chance to read it.

I also had an essay published in Prairie Times, above the fold, front page! This story is near and dear to my heart about zooming. No, not what you think. This is about a winter day with my son and grandson when I took a dare. 

I have been missing from blog reading and posting because I foolishly ate popcorn with chocolate drizzle. No stopping it, diverticulosis as a result.  Ouch! A week of liquid diet and rest. I am better now, and I am back. I missed you.

The weather in St. Louis, MO has been delightful. Today it is going to be 80 degrees. Can you believe it? But there is no stopping it: winter's arrival. Tomorrow and thereafter, 40s for highs and 20s for lows.  



6 comments:

DUTA said...


Hi, Linda. I'm glad you feel better, the boys are doing well, your stories have become world wide popular. Keep up the good work!

Kathy G said...

Sorry to hear that your diverticula didn't care for your lovely-sounding snack. Yesterday it was almost too warm for me, but today is lovely. I am not looking forward to tomorrow.

Susan said...

Oh, Linda. So sorry to hear about the popcorn fiasco. That is not good. Glad you are on-the-mend. The boys are darling.

Val said...

Good picture of the little "weeds" by the tree. Sorry the popcorn left you feeling a bit...indisposed!

Sonia said...

Hope you are better. Enjoy ur day.

Red Rose Alley said...

That's wonderful about your stories. So sorry you got sick when eating popcorn and chocolate. That sounds like a good combination. I'm glad the boys had a fun time at the park and lake, and it's always fun when we treat ourselves to Wendy's. Such a cute and precious photo of the boys.

Have a peaceful November weekend, Linda.

~Sheri